2020/21 Marcel Brands

Status
Not open for further replies.
Of course you can. It's like saying you can't plan for a fire because there's no fire.

It's his job. His literal job. To direct football. He has no other duties whatsoever. So if we're now scrambling around putting together a 'shortlist' and didn't have one already he's incompetent. Really is that simple.
Yeah I'm sure he's walking around his office without a clue.

For somebody who claims superior intelligence you really are very stupid.

If I'm in that job, any given month I have a shortlist of contenders if the manager is sacked or resigns. Constantly reviewed as a working document.

How that is 'guff' is beyond me.

Well probably because managers change often and we don't have them stored away in cupboards for a rainy day. I'm sure he has people he rates but the decision isn't just down to him and those he rates might be available one minute then definitely not available another.

Your "scrambling around" comment is just you following the media who just throw names around for hits.

Yeah I'm sure he's walking around his office without a clue.

For somebody who claims superior intelligence you really are very stupid.

This is the same man who spent months pursuing Zaha and panic bought a completely different profile of a player in Iwobi in the final hours of the window as he couldn't plan effectively and didn't know when to draw a line.

I give him no benefit of the doubt whatsoever. He's done nothing to earn it.

Well probably because managers change often and we don't have them stored away in cupboards for a rainy day. I'm sure he has people he rates but the decision isn't just down to him and those he rates might be available one minute then definitely not available another.

Your "scrambling around" comment is just you following the media who just throw names around for hits.

Then he's pointless. What's the point in having a Director of Football if he doesn't direct football.

Either he's incompetent or his role is redundant.

This is the same man who spent months pursuing Zaha and panic bought a completely different profile of a player in Iwobi in the final hours of the window as he couldn't plan effectively and didn't know when to draw a line.

I give him no benefit of the doubt whatsoever. He's done nothing to earn it.
Dense is the word that comes to mind.

Who is on your hypothetical list in said scenario?

I'm not the DoF? It's not my job.

If I was employed to do it, I'd do it. It'd be a consistently evolving working documents where if the manager goes, you don't have to have a meeting to sprawl together a load of names with the board - it's presented and you go down the list.

If the club is ran to the point where we have a DoF having to give Moshiri ten names to pick from, we're hopeless - the DoF is a completely pointless role.

You think the owner and the board don't get a say on who he wants to manage the team?

Of course they do - they have a say who is the Director of Football. If they don't want to listen to a Director of Football, don't have one.

The role should purely be down to Brands, no one else. It isn't, because the club is a basket case.

If I was employed to do it, I'd do it. It'd be a consistently evolving working documents where if the manager goes, you don't have to have a meeting to sprawl together a load of names with the board - it's presented and you go down the list.

If the club is ran to the point where we have a DoF having to give Moshiri ten names to pick from, we're hopeless - the DoF is a completely pointless role.
I know you are not, at least I assumed you were not. That is why I said hypothetically, just wondering whom you would sound out first, that is all.

So you admit he doesn't have the only say but complain he's scrambling around for targets.

Okay then pal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back