Marco Silva

Status
Not open for further replies.
Us talking up top managers coming here makes it sound like a west ham forum.

How do we actually know Silva will do badly here? I guarantee go back a few years and we chase pochetino from Southampton and the exact same conversations about him not being good enough would happen.

Or take that Italian bloke who was sacked from quite a few jobs round Europe including Chelsea? Won the league 2 seasons ago with a crap team.

Point is, we don't know what will happen. Silva could be crap or he could be fantastic. I prefer to back a manager until proven otherwise, same as I backed allardyce in November. Proved me wrong on that count but we keep having a hire and fire mentality and soon enough the allardyce of the game will all that will be left to hire

Us talking up top managers coming here makes it sound like a west ham forum.

How do we actually know Silva will do badly here? I guarantee go back a few years and we chase pochetino from Southampton and the exact same conversations about him not being good enough would happen.

Or take that Italian bloke who was sacked from quite a few jobs round Europe including Chelsea? Won the league 2 seasons ago with a crap team.

Point is, we don't know what will happen. Silva could be crap or he could be fantastic. I prefer to back a manager until proven otherwise, same as I backed allardyce in November. Proved me wrong on that count but we keep having a hire and fire mentality and soon enough the allardyce of the game will all that will be left to hire
Its all a gamble, that much is true.
Early doors I gave Martinez what amou ted to 2and a bit seasons. But by 1.4 I was done.
Koeman came in and did OKish. But by The Arsenal game Moshiri beat me to the punch...prompt action or panic?? Panic-ish for me. Right decision wrong execution with no replacement??
Would Koeman have rode it out, who knows, would Unsworth??
Allardyce did ride it out though.
Reboot time
Lets hope they get it right this time.
Due to the current nature of the league 8th isn't as good as it seems. But the step upto 6th or higher is a giant step...playjng better footy, footy with an aim, a purpose, would be a start. That and one or two places upward.

I’m convinced Eddie would win the Greek League and win the odd pot in Portugal I’m not convinced Silva would take AFC Bournemouth from the depths of the bottom of league two to the premier league

This is what I dont understand, he has been poor in our league but people big him up for stuff he has done in Greece? Its crazy, Howe is a much better Premier League manager

Fair play to him, good to see him getting time, cant be easy being at such a small club
Far easier in some ways than being at our club, he wouldn't be getting 7 years grace to succeed , if he isn't showing by the start of his second season he's toast.
I don't think he's anywhere near strong enough to be our manager , we'd destroy him.

Fair play to him, good to see him getting time, cant be easy being at such a small club
Can he step up into managing a big team?
The only managers who has credentials in the present Prem who have won massive competitions are Wenger, and Rafael- who are a possibility maybe?
Who I doubt would come to us!
The gap from mid table to the top 4 is massive- we need a manager who wins , and entertains us!

Silva's the one we want.

He's the one Moshiri wanted in October and the reason we've got rid of Sam is evidently because he's available and has been willing to come to us.

Every manager we could go for is a risk.

Status
Not open for further replies.