Marco Silva

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is what I dont understand, he has been poor in our league but people big him up for stuff he has done in Greece? Its crazy, Howe is a much better Premier League manager

He hasn't been poor though. That's the point.

The nonsense about Hull going down wasn't on him. Hull fans are the first to admit that.

He had Watford flying up until our interest. They still won a fair few games after that but he evidently had his head turned (a bit of a worry) and some of the players reacted badly to that and downed tools. They've gone further downhill since he was sacked though.

Had we got him in November like planned, most people would have been chuffed.

I'm not 100% convinced, but I think he's definitely in the top few managers that we could realistically appoint.

The main positive is how quickly it is getting done. It all indicates that this has been the plan for the last few months and we should be in a position with Brands and the new board to hit the ground running in terms of what is needed with the squad and playing style heading into the new season.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...lva-ready-hand-reins-former-Watford-boss.html

"Everton hope to announce Marco Silva as their new manager early next week."

and also

"The positions of chief executive and director of football have recently changed and there is talk that long-time chairman Bill Kenwright will step down at some stage to be replaced by Alisher Usmanov, who is currently a major shareholder at Arsenal."

Can he step up into managing a big team?
The only managers who has credentials in the present Prem who have won massive competitions are Wenger, and Rafael- who are a possibility maybe?
Who I doubt would come to us!
The gap from mid table to the top 4 is massive- we need a manager who wins , and entertains us!

Possibly not, but this is one reason why we should be going for a manager who has cut it at a big side, were suppose to be a big club with ambitions for regular European Football, we also for the first time in our history have a lot of money to spend. We need a man with experience of our level or the one we desire, who has shown he can deliver our expectations and who has experience of not only buying high value signings but playing them. But since that money has come our way the standard of manager who we have had and are going for has gone very low.

O and I dont want Howe at all BTW

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...lva-ready-hand-reins-former-Watford-boss.html

"Everton hope to announce Marco Silva as their new manager early next week."

and also

"The positions of chief executive and director of football have recently changed and there is talk that long-time chairman Bill Kenwright will step down at some stage to be replaced by Alisher Usmanov, who is currently a major shareholder at Arsenal."
So we could have TWO billionaires on our board, and get Watfords old manager.

Everton, that.

Not being funny, but our most succesful manager ever, was largely a no-Mark manager until his major success at everton.

Please stop pre-judging our new guys until we have evidence to do so.

He's no Sam Allardyce, thank chuff.
A manager who our fans wanted out ?
Who drew graffiti on Goodison demanding so ? Leaflets etc..

I find it strange how we’re the only team in world football that can only have serious links to one manager when we’re recruiting for one.

Surely we’ve at least sounded out more options? Not that I’m against getting Marco, I’d be happy with him but it’s a strange way of doing business.

Would have been nice if you didn't behave like a petulant child during your stay here but you just couldn't help yourself could you?

The amount of reports generated as a result of your posts is disgusting, we're volunteers here and all you've done is create work and be obstructive.
I still would like an honest answer from them about why they think we should be reported for tapping up. AFAIK this one hasn't given the slightest inclination about why a manager they sacked two months after we appointed Fat Sam turned off his phone because of Everton.

Silva's the one we want.

He's the one Moshiri wanted in October and the reason we've got rid of Sam is evidently because he's available and has been willing to come to us.

Every manager we could go for is a risk.
If Silva is the one that Moshiri wanted in October is a reasoing for getting him in, why aren't they looking at Emery who he wanted pre-Dutch tithead?

I find it strange how we’re the only team in world football that can only have serious links to one manager when we’re recruiting for one.

Surely we’ve at least sounded out more options? Not that I’m against getting Marco, I’d be happy with him but it’s a strange way of doing business.

It is a strange way to do business for sure but I would say it's more wreck-less and amateurish, it wouldn't be so bad if it was straight forward but add in the saga with the FA and the tapping up, and add to that he isn't exactly a sought after manager, but Moshiri has gone all-in on him? Its ridiculous. What worries me is Moshiri has been that desperate to get him, if he does turn out to be a nightmare that takes us to the relegation zone he might not be willing to give up his prize possession because he is the one he wants

One of my mates is a wolves fan and he told me that he predicts everton to go down next season with the silva appointment. He seemed to be fuming that we sacked fat sam and that all of us think we're a bigger club than we are, and that all we do every season is just avoid relegation. This whole conversation was an absolute laugh because wolverhampton are the ones who can't stay up in the league and their supporters are claiming they are a massive club that will be in the top 6 this seasonlol I've seen a few wolves fans on twitter state that they are bigger than everton as well, but yet we are the deluded ones that think we are bigger than we actually are? Bit random post but i think silva will surprise some people and do a job. Especially if we can replace some of the waste in our squad.

Last edited:
One of my mates is a wolves fan and he told me that he predicts everton to go down next season with the silva appointment. He seemed to be fuming that we sacked fat sam and that all of us think we're a bigger club than we are, and that all we do every season is just avoid relegation. This whole conversation was an absolute laugh because wolverhampton are the ones who can't stay up in the league and their supporters are claiming they are a massive club that will be in the top 6 this seasonlol I've seen a few wolves fans on twitter state that they are bigger than everton as well, but yet we are the deluded ones that think we are bigger than we actually are? Bit random post but i think silva will surprise some people and do a job. Especially if we can replace some of the waste in our squad.
Can’t remember now if it was on here or Twitter, but someday was saying we should go for there manager. But when I looked, Nuno Santo and Silva has similar records in Portugal, though silva won a trophy.

Can’t remember now if it was on here or Twitter, but someday was saying we should go for there manager. But when I looked, Nuno Santo and Silva has similar records in Portugal, though silva won a trophy.
Can you or someone else please explain the seemingly endless conveyor belt of managers that go through the top 3 clubs in Portugal? Why don’t any of them just stay there rather than moving after 1 season every time? Seems like Sporting, Porto, and Benfica would all be great jobs but they never stick.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back