Marco Silva

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh god, just imagine that.

No fortunately looking at that youtube thing, the role is made for Siggurdson. He plays actual wingers on the wing - so that's Walcott and Lookman / whoever-isn't-Bolasie-that-comes-in with big Tosun up-front

When you look at that clip, the standout changes would be where Schneiderlin and the two centre-backs are, as they just don't fit.

I wouldn't fancy Wayne Rooney's chances much in there either.

Great point about Schneiderlin. I actually thought the same about all of our centre miss, nobody really fits. Left back as well.....

Not Silva related apologies, but don’t you just love twitter lol.

Haven’t even played a PL game yet and Wolves are already better than us.

Wolves have a highly rated manager who has done wonders at Wolves. I would leave them now while his stock is still high because a PL position of mid table or lower will deem him a crap manager.....well on here anyways.

I don't know if Silva will be a success or not (who does) but he is a highly rated young manager who has chosen the wrong PL teams to manage. He did the best he could and had both teams playing much better footy giving them the opportunity to win more games. Comparison to Martinez is somehow premature because I doubt he will be allowed to neglect defence over attack with Brands overlooking him. He has got a big job here and if his first season is 10th or so then as long as we fans can see a progressive type of football that can grow then that will be OK with me. If Allardyce has changed his tact after the Jan signing and attempted to play more expansively then he could have still been here but his style will never change and there was no progression of style to win us over and give us hope.

Except he left, Went to Burnley and totally failed, then went back to Bournemouth
And at that time the commentators were keeping an eye on Howe and actually said he didn't like the north west of England.
But he's a Blue isn't he? Give him a five year deal!

“Unlike other modern coaches such as Jurgen Klopp, the Portuguese’s first thought is to keep a clean sheet, rather than to out-gun their opponents. Even at a side with a crowd as demanding of dominating, attacking football like Olympiakos, Silva’s priority was organisation and defensive structure”.

Interesting..

http://outsideoftheboot.com/2017/02/16/tactical-philosophy-marco-silva/

It will be interesting to see the divergence in approach from the media if Arteta is appointed at Arsenal also.

Arteta - great guy, great coach, worked with the best under Guardiola, ready to step up now. A fresh start for Arsenal.

Silva - disloyal, job-hopper, did the dirt on Watford, unproven, worked in poor leagues, gone in six months. Beware Everton.

I really hope he can shove it in their faces, cmon Marco.

Everton next manager: French football expert reveals update on Unai Emery swoop
UNAI EMERY is unlikely to replace Sam Allardyce at Everton, according to French football expert Julian Laurens.
By Bruce Archer
PUBLISHED: 12:30, Sat, May 19, 2018 | UPDATED: 12:36, Sat, May 19, 2018

Unai-Emery-962149.jpg

Allardyce was sacked as Everton boss this week with Marco Silva the favourite to replace him.

The Toffees have been linked with a move for former PSG boss Emery, but Laurens doesn't think he will be heading to England any time soon.

"No, I don't know why it would be a dream," he said on the Totally Football Show when asked if a move for Emery is just a pipe dream.

"I'm not sure Emery is attracted by the Premier League right now.

"I think he realised in Paris that the language barrier, even if he spoke a bit of French, was an issue. So I'm not sure how good his English is, but I can't see him coming over pretty soon."

And Laurens believes Silva is the man to replace Allardyce, because he's the complete opposite.

"I think Marco Silva is the one mentioned a lot now because he was first choice before Allardyce and I can see why," he added.

"I think he is very talented, bright young manager, and I think he will do very well there.
"For me the pitch is very easy, they basically have to find the complete opposite of Allardyce.

"I've always said it was a dreadful appointment and one that made no sense at all.

"I don't they were ever in trouble and I think they should have had someone better back then anyway, so it's right they let him go."

https://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/962149/Everton-next-manager-Unai-Emery-Sam-Allardyce

See even the French know how sh!te Allardyce is lol

Interesting to hear the reasons why Emery might not even have been a starter. Doesn’t speak a work of English and next to no French either and the PSG experience put him off. Nice words on Silva too.

Get this fella in, that's the first person I've read that's said it how it is about allerdyche instead of the usual who do Everton think they are tits over here

“Unlike other modern coaches such as Jurgen Klopp, the Portuguese’s first thought is to keep a clean sheet, rather than to out-gun their opponents. Even at a side with a crowd as demanding of dominating, attacking football like Olympiakos, Silva’s priority was organisation and defensive structure”.

Interesting..

http://outsideoftheboot.com/2017/02/16/tactical-philosophy-marco-silva/
Jesus... could've fooled me.

Isn't he averaging close to 2 goals conceded per game during his time in the Prem so far? :bye:

It is a strange way to do business for sure but I would say it's more wreck-less and amateurish, it wouldn't be so bad if it was straight forward but add in the saga with the FA and the tapping up, and add to that he isn't exactly a sought after manager, but Moshiri has gone all-in on him? Its ridiculous. What worries me is Moshiri has been that desperate to get him, if he does turn out to be a nightmare that takes us to the relegation zone he might not be willing to give up his prize possession because he is the one he wants
Why would he take us to the relegation zone? Everton will always win home games. Huddersfield stayed up scoring 28 goals... We will spend again and will improve the squad... there no way we are getting relegated

I bet Stoke said the same at the beginning of last season. With the wrong manager there is nothing stopping us from relegation, thinking we’re somehow immune because of our squad or history is sillyness.
Stoke don’t gave the same financial power as Everton or the pull, Everton will always beat the weaker teams at home. There no chance Silva will get us relegated, also where the evidence that he will?

Wolves have a highly rated manager who has done wonders at Wolves. I would leave them now while his stock is still high because a PL position of mid table or lower will deem him a crap manager.....well on here anyways.

I don't know if Silva will be a success or not (who does) but he is a highly rated young manager who has chosen the wrong PL teams to manage. He did the best he could and had both teams playing much better footy giving them the opportunity to win more games. Comparison to Martinez is somehow premature because I doubt he will be allowed to neglect defence over attack with Brands overlooking him. He has got a big job here and if his first season is 10th or so then as long as we fans can see a progressive type of football that can grow then that will be OK with me. If Allardyce has changed his tact after the Jan signing and attempted to play more expansively then he could have still been here but his style will never change and there was no progression of style to win us over and give us hope.
If Allardyce can get us 8th with 20th on shots on target, Silva target should be 6th, as Arsenal are appointing Arteta

Jesus... could've fooled me.

Isn't he averaging close to 2 goals conceded per game during his time in the Prem so far? :bye:
This is what foxed me when reading it.

I can only think that Silva has adapted himself to the PL - where attacking is everything and defence is seen as almost a bad thing now - and he's cast aside his own method. If he goes back to basics a bit more then we could be benefitting from a coach who's learned his lessons at two other clubs and gets the balance right here.

Status
Not open for further replies.