Marco Silva

Status
Not open for further replies.
It will be interesting to see the divergence in approach from the media if Arteta is appointed at Arsenal also.

Arteta - great guy, great coach, worked with the best under Guardiola, ready to step up now. A fresh start for Arsenal.

Silva - disloyal, job-hopper, did the dirt on Watford, unproven, worked in poor leagues, gone in six months. Beware Everton.

I really hope he can shove it in their faces, cmon Marco.
I wouldn't thank you for Arteta. He would be a terrible appointment. I cant believe Arsenal are going to commit to someone with no experience of leading an organisation (ANY organisation, much less one like Arsenal). They must surely be still waiting on Allegri to change his mind?

This is what foxed me when reading it.

I can only think that Silva has adapted himself to the PL - where attacking is everything and defence is seen as almost a bad thing now - and he's cast aside his own method. If he goes back to basics a bit more then we could be benefitting from a coach who's learned his lessons at two other clubs and gets the balance right here.
He also have a point to prove

I wouldn't thank you for Arteta. He would be a terrible appointment. I cant believe Arsenal are going to commit to someone with no experience of leading an organisation (ANY organisation, much less one like Arsenal). They must surely be still waiting on Allegri to change his mind?
The Arteta appointment is baffling, he been under Pep for 1 season right?

He wouldn't be leading the organisation. They've already setup a backroom for life after Wenger. They've got Raul Sanllehi as Director of Football, previously at Barcelona. Sven Mislintat as head of recruitment, previously at Dortmund. A guy specifically for contracts, similar to Contract Dave.

Stoke don’t gave the same financial power as Everton or the pull, Everton will always beat the weaker teams at home. There no chance Silva will get us relegated, also where the evidence that he will?
I dont even know how to respond to this. A few seasons back we couldnt get a home win to save our lives, this season and the season before we couldnt get an away win to save it, yet you think «we will always beat the weaker teams at home»? Stupifying!
Never get us relegated? His record is 50% on relegation in England, yeah he didnt have a lot of time to save Hull, but they still got relegated and their last matches were thumpings, not Hull having a fighting chance because of this hot new manager.

I would also like to point out I never said Silva would relegate us. I said that 99% of all managers around the world is not good enough to keep a team up in the Prem, which is why we see the same names linked to every prem job. People claiming that anyone is better than Sam just isnt thinking right, and that was my point. I dont want either Sam or Silva as Everton manager, but Id prefer Silva from the two. Sayin he could never relegate us is just naivety and the words of someone who cannot have been watching our team since Moyes left. We are in total limbo, no identety, fans abusing the players and coaching staff and a lot of negativity all around us. Another Martinez/Koeman mistake and we will struggle to stay up even more than this season, as every inch of fight in our mentally weak players have been used up through this seasons struggles.

I’m sensing a managed decline is underway at Arsenal.

I’d be furious if we appointed Arteta. Cheap skate option.

I can only think that Silva has adapted himself to the PL - where attacking is everything and defence is seen as almost a bad thing now - and he's cast aside his own method. If he goes back to basics a bit more then we could be benefitting from a coach who's learned his lessons at two other clubs and gets the balance right here.
Why would you think that? Martinez wouldnt/couldnt do it.

He might be their sacrificial lamb like Moyes was for Man U.

I've just got a good feeling about Silva, Moshiri has met both him and Fonseca and seems to prefer Silva, I have no doubt we could get Fonseca if Moshiri wanted him.

First dozen games at a piss poor Hull side he generated the 4th most points in the league during those first twelve games, he then transformed Watford in the pre-season and had them flying in the league until we turned his head.

The signs of a good manager are there, a good organiser and motivator of players.

He has a better squad here already than he's had at those clubs, and will get serious financial support from Moshiri, I'm looking forward to seeing us play under him, Watford were great to watch in those first few months.

Status
Not open for further replies.