Marco Silva

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m sensing a managed decline is underway at Arsenal.

I’d be furious if we appointed Arteta. Cheap skate option.
I think the same could probably have been said when Wenger was first appointed.
I think Arteta is a very big risk but it seems from what I have heard that he will be part of a managerial structure rather than be the managerial structure.

I think clubs generally are trying to get away from being so totally reliant on just one man alone.

He was also blocked from signing “his” players at Watford. There were issues brewing before we came calling. I think the only signing, that was his choice, was richarlison.

Would be interesting to know how successful his signings were at previous clubs. At Hull it seemed like he basically had to work with what he was given or take an absolute punt on someone (ie Niasse) and Watford he couldn’t pick his own players.
I get that brands will be overseeing most of the recruitment but it’d be good to know if Silva can pick a top player

I do.

Don't get me wrong, he was the only one who stepped up at the time, but the catalogue of errors and missed opportunities since, you'd be hard pressed to find a worse performing club.

Were absolutely miles behind because of him and his poor decision making and resolute determination to hold on to the club.

But I suppose that doesn't belong in the Marco Silva thread.

I think the same could probably have been said when Wenger was first appointed.
I think Arteta is a very big risk but it seems from what I have heard that he will be part of a managerial structure rather than be the managerial structure.

I think clubs generally are trying to get away from being so totally reliant on just one man alone.
Wenger has won Ligue 1 with Monaco before becoming Arsenal manager. Appointing Arteta is one of the most unambitious appointments from a big club I have seen in a long time.

Bill is also a blue and the last 20+ years under his control have seen us go backwards.

I'd actually mark "being a blue" as a proceed with caution flag.

Hopefully Brands stops this jobs for the boys approach unless they are actually the best candidate for the role.
I'm sure you got my sarcasm with regards the "Blue" tag, because I also thing that it's not altogether a good thing nurturing a somewhat incestuous relationship.

If Silva is the one that Moshiri wanted in October is a reasoing for getting him in, why aren't they looking at Emery who he wanted pre-Dutch tithead?

Two years ago?

Based on skill/experience i'd say Emery is better than Silva, but there's massive doubts over him as well, including the big one of not being able to speak the language.

Can you or someone else please explain the seemingly endless conveyor belt of managers that go through the top 3 clubs in Portugal? Why don’t any of them just stay there rather than moving after 1 season every time? Seems like Sporting, Porto, and Benfica would all be great jobs but they never stick.

It's not always the managers though.

Those clubs have massive expectations. If you don't exceed them, you're out.

The Arteta appointment is baffling, he been under Pep for 1 season right?
Two seasons I think.

He could have been there 5 seasons though and it wouldn 't be any different to me. The notion of handing a job in the PL to an assistant manager is fraught with danger.

He wouldn't be leading the organisation. They've already setup a backroom for life after Wenger. They've got Raul Sanllehi as Director of Football, previously at Barcelona. Sven Mislintat as head of recruitment, previously at Dortmund. A guy specifically for contracts, similar to Contract Dave.
Even so, he is the arrow head for all that. He will be the one fronting the organisation and that comes with enormous pressures.

The Sunday Supplement just blasted Everton and Marco Silva again, claiming Sam does an amazing job again and what more do we want...24 games Sam has not 6

All that does is prove they’re either clueless, or determined to keep Everton below 6th place. There’s no way, after having watched us play, or looking at important stats like shots on target, goal attempts conceeded etc, that you’d advocate keeping him on.

Marco is our boy, the fact they’re slating him makes me think they’re worried.

Is there a reason Ralph Hasenhüttl's name hasn't been linked at all given he quit RB Leipzig the other week after failing to agree a long term deal with them. Not saying he's an amazing choice but it's a bit surprising to not see any kind of link with him given he's available and has probably done more of note than Silva.

He loves Lookman as well :p
Thing I read somewhere he can't take over another club for a period of time after he had left.

Status
Not open for further replies.