Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Marco Silva

Status
Not open for further replies.
For the people that dont want silva, who would you want in thats actually available? Im seeing that west ham have appointed pellegrini and I have to admit i'm very pleased that we did not go for that fossil. We're appointing a young manager who can hopefully build something here. It could easily go wrong but I don't see many better options available.

Defo has the feel of the stepping stone manager about it.

I still doubt Arsenal will do it, tbh.
Seems more and ore likely but as i said previous it seems very strange. You would think they would be after a big name manager, Conte if he leaves Chelsea or Allagri, even Siri from Napoli. At least Viera has had some managerial experience.

I wouldn’t go near Pellegrini. West Ham via China, he is just topping up his pension fund now.

We need someone in with at least the prospect of seeing out a three year contract and preferably beyond.

Silva is a gamble, but it’s one with a potentially bigger upside.
I cant see us doing any worse then we currently our with Silva, Also i think Brands coming in is the key, it lets Silva work on the players while Brands finds and negotiates the players deals and what not.

Seems more and ore likely but as i said previous it seems very strange. You would think they would be after a big name manager, Conte if he leaves Chelsea or Allagri, even Siri from Napoli. At least Viera has had some managerial experience.
I think they slipped up not getting Tuchel in. I know he had a poor relationship with Mislintat at Dortmund and that would have been a problem, but I know who I would feel was more important to the organisation.

I think they slipped up not getting Tuchel in. I know he had a poor relationship with Mislintat at Dortmund and that would have been a problem, but I know who I would feel was more important to the organisation.
They might go for Conte, should he leave Chelsea.

You happy with Silva?

Anyone who isn’t behind him from the start will just prolong their indifference to the club after the shambles of the past year. I want to actually enjoy being an Evertonian again, not that I’ve had many days doing that!

Everyone needs to just give him the benefit of the doubt for now.

I’ve set myself a limit of 15 games before I’m allowing myself to shout for his sacking.

You are a very patient fellow, Gwladys ;)

For the people that dont want silva, who would you want in thats actually available? Im seeing that west ham have appointed pellegrini and I have to admit i'm very pleased that we did not go for that fossil. We're appointing a young manager who can hopefully build something here. It could easily go wrong but I don't see many better options available.

there are plenyt of un tried managers around the world. they would all be a gamble to some extent.

the only fact that we have with Silva is that he has FAILED at 2 premier league clubs already and his golas for and against ratio only suggests one thing, a relegation fight

there are plenyt of un tried managers around the world. they would all be a gamble to some extent.

the only fact that we have with Silva is that he has FAILED at 2 premier league clubs already and his golas for and against ratio only suggests one thing, a relegation fight
Every team from 7th down finished with a minus goal difference this year. Silva will not have us in a relegation fight. We don't have the EL this season to contend with and we actually have a striker, i don't see Brands being as inept as Walsh was, nor do i think Silva and Brands will argue like Koeman and Walsh. Brands will be the boss..end of, where Koeman and Walsh you would guess argued between themselves and that's how we ended up with a messed up squad in the 1st place.

Appointing Arteta is one of the most unambitious appointments from a big club I have seen in a long time.

Not sure I’d call it unambitious. After all, Guardiola and Zidane had no top level experience before becoming Barcelona and Real Madrid managers.

It is high risk though - they must see something in him to give him such a big job but no doubt he’ll be under a lot of pressure if they under perform.

Could be a poisoned chalice similar to post-Ferguson Man Utd.

Every team from 7th down finished with a minus goal difference this year. Silva will not have us in a relegation fight. We don't have the EL this season to contend with and we actually have a striker, i don't see Brands being as inept as Walsh was, nor do i think Silva and Brands will argue like Koeman and Walsh. Brands will be the boss..end of, where Koeman and Walsh you would guess argued between themselves and that's how we ended up with a messed up squad in the 1st place.

id much prefer us to go for a manager with a much better record than the one Silva has.

Watford was ideal for him.

if he somehow managed to get them into the Europa or win the cup, then perhaps we should consider him, but he is top of our list because he has won the greek league, the equivalent of the League of Wales... why aren't we considering the TNS boss?

id much prefer us to go for a manager with a much better record than the one Silva has.

Watford was ideal for him.

if he somehow managed to get them into the Europa or win the cup, then perhaps we should consider him, but he is top of our list because he has won the greek league, the equivalent of the League of Wales... why aren't we considering the TNS boss?
He also won the Portuguese Fa cup and took a small club, won the 2nd division and got them in to the EL

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back