Marco Silva

Status
Not open for further replies.
And at that time the commentators were keeping an eye on Howe and actually said he didn't like the north west of England.
But he's a Blue isn't he? Give him a five year deal!

Bill is also a blue and the last 20+ years under his control have seen us go backwards.

I'd actually mark "being a blue" as a proceed with caution flag.

Hopefully Brands stops this jobs for the boys approach unless they are actually the best candidate for the role.

I wouldn't thank you for Arteta. He would be a terrible appointment. I cant believe Arsenal are going to commit to someone with no experience of leading an organisation (ANY organisation, much less one like Arsenal). They must surely be still waiting on Allegri to change his mind?

Nor would I, but its 'careful what you wish for' with Everton and that will be magnified because of the perceived slight on Allardyce.

I'd be very uneasy about appointing Arteta but it looks like he is the favourite now.

The important thing for me is the team around Silva preferably a strong ass man and good defensive coaching structure
benny-hill-gif-8.gif

I dont even know how to respond to this. A few seasons back we couldnt get a home win to save our lives, this season and the season before we couldnt get an away win to save it, yet you think «we will always beat the weaker teams at home»? Stupifying!
Never get us relegated? His record is 50% on relegation in England, yeah he didnt have a lot of time to save Hull, but they still got relegated and their last matches were thumpings, not Hull having a fighting chance because of this hot new manager.

I would also like to point out I never said Silva would relegate us. I said that 99% of all managers around the world is not good enough to keep a team up in the Prem, which is why we see the same names linked to every prem job. People claiming that anyone is better than Sam just isnt thinking right, and that was my point. I dont want either Sam or Silva as Everton manager, but Id prefer Silva from the two. Sayin he could never relegate us is just naivety and the words of someone who cannot have been watching our team since Moyes left. We are in total limbo, no identety, fans abusing the players and coaching staff and a lot of negativity all around us. Another Martinez/Koeman mistake and we will struggle to stay up even more than this season, as every inch of fight in our mentally weak players have been used up through this seasons struggles.
Silva has a style of play and Brands will implement a style with the signings. I have no fear at all we will get relegated.

Silva got relegated with Hull and that’s a fact. However he never stood a chance. On the day he signed on they sold their 2 best players and gave him no money.
He gave it his best shot and just fell short. They had a squad of 18 players and no money.

He went to Watford and did a great job till we came knocking. He also lost a few key players with injuries, not bad for a team that signed 21 players last summer.

Its Kronke's MO in the US.
Apparently Arteta will only have £50m to invest in the squad, that’s came from numerous journalists close to Arsenal. That’s nowhere near enough.

If we’ve got a budget of £100m+, which has been reported, then if we can invest steadily and wisely, it’ll only be a matter of time before we replace them.

That stadium advantage they had for years is also diminishing. Within the next 5 years, around 8 teams will have stadiums comparable to The Emirates.

The Sunday Supplement just blasted Everton and Marco Silva again, claiming Sam does an amazing job again and what more do we want...24 games Sam has not 6

Bill is also a blue and the last 20+ years under his control have seen us go backwards.

I'd actually mark "being a blue" as a proceed with caution flag.

Hopefully Brands stops this jobs for the boys approach unless they are actually the best candidate for the role.
Do you remember the way the club was when he took over ?

One of my mates is a wolves fan and he told me that he predicts everton to go down next season with the silva appointment. He seemed to be fuming that we sacked fat sam and that all of us think we're a bigger club than we are, and that all we do every season is just avoid relegation. This whole conversation was an absolute laugh because wolverhampton are the ones who can't stay up in the league and their supporters are claiming they are a massive club that will be in the top 6 this seasonlol I've seen a few wolves fans on twitter state that they are bigger than everton as well, but yet we are the deluded ones that think we are bigger than we actually are? Bit random post but i think silva will surprise some people and do a job. Especially if we can replace some of the waste in our squad.
Pride cometh before a fall. I also think we need to go quietly about our business for a while. I hope that being in the periphery of people's vision will help us sneak into that top 6. The less fanfare the better. Let the Wolves and Watfords act the clown. Let us sneak in through the back door into the party.

Apparently Arteta will only have £50m to invest in the squad, that’s came from numerous journalists close to Arsenal. That’s nowhere near enough.

If we’ve got a budget of £100m+, which has been reported, then if we can invest steadily and wisely, it’ll only be a matter of time before we replace them.

That stadium advantage they had for years is also diminishing. Within the next 5 years, around 8 teams will have stadiums comparable to The Emirates.

The whole "stadium advantage" stuff was a myth anyrate. The cash cow that Arsenal is just facilitates the spending on Kronkes other US sports ownership.

The ultimate Bank of Mum and Dad.

Silva has a style of play and Brands will implement a style with the signings. I have no fear at all we will get relegated.

Silva got relegated with Hull and that’s a fact. However he never stood a chance. On the day he signed on they sold their 2 best players and gave him no money.
He gave it his best shot and just fell short. They had a squad of 18 players and no money.

He went to Watford and did a great job till we came knocking. He also lost a few key players with injuries, not bad for a team that signed 21 players last summer.
He was also blocked from signing “his” players at Watford. There were issues brewing before we came calling. I think the only signing, that was his choice, was richarlison.

He was also blocked from signing “his” players at Watford. There were issues brewing before we came calling. I think the only signing, that was his choice, was richarlison.
I think ppl need to give him a chance TBH instead of writing him off.

Similar to Arteta but he has no managerial experience.

The Sunday Supplement just blasted Everton and Marco Silva again, claiming Sam does an amazing job again and what more do we want...24 games Sam has not 6
What they are saying is absolutely true... if the ambition of the club is simply to stay in the division.

Those same people at the start of the season were talking about Everton as a possible top six team . It is their perception of the club that has changed, ironically the appointment of Sam was instrumental in that change as he is habitually associated with relegation strugglers.

The appointment of Silva will do nothing to change that narrative as he also in the Premiership has been associated with relegated and relegation threatened teams. It is only Silva being successful that will change that impression.

Is there a reason Ralph Hasenhüttl's name hasn't been linked at all given he quit RB Leipzig the other week after failing to agree a long term deal with them. Not saying he's an amazing choice but it's a bit surprising to not see any kind of link with him given he's available and has probably done more of note than Silva.

He loves Lookman as well :p

Status
Not open for further replies.