Marco Silva

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can’t remember now if it was on here or Twitter, but someday was saying we should go for there manager. But when I looked, Nuno Santo and Silva has similar records in Portugal, though silva won a trophy.
We tried to get him to replace Koeman but he was having none of it.

I just don’t see how he’s anywhere near good enough

Kendall was nowhere near good enough.

Alex Ferguson was 1 game away from being a disaster.

Truth is, nobody knows. Different circumstances, different clubs, different times.

If all the posts that involve people pissing their pants were removed we'd be on page 30 of this thread.

Lay off with the negative waves, man.

Everton next manager: French football expert reveals update on Unai Emery swoop
UNAI EMERY is unlikely to replace Sam Allardyce at Everton, according to French football expert Julian Laurens.
By Bruce Archer
PUBLISHED: 12:30, Sat, May 19, 2018 | UPDATED: 12:36, Sat, May 19, 2018

Unai-Emery-962149.jpg

Allardyce was sacked as Everton boss this week with Marco Silva the favourite to replace him.

The Toffees have been linked with a move for former PSG boss Emery, but Laurens doesn't think he will be heading to England any time soon.

"No, I don't know why it would be a dream," he said on the Totally Football Show when asked if a move for Emery is just a pipe dream.

"I'm not sure Emery is attracted by the Premier League right now.

"I think he realised in Paris that the language barrier, even if he spoke a bit of French, was an issue. So I'm not sure how good his English is, but I can't see him coming over pretty soon."

And Laurens believes Silva is the man to replace Allardyce, because he's the complete opposite.

"I think Marco Silva is the one mentioned a lot now because he was first choice before Allardyce and I can see why," he added.

"I think he is very talented, bright young manager, and I think he will do very well there.
"For me the pitch is very easy, they basically have to find the complete opposite of Allardyce.

"I've always said it was a dreadful appointment and one that made no sense at all.

"I don't they were ever in trouble and I think they should have had someone better back then anyway, so it's right they let him go."

https://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/962149/Everton-next-manager-Unai-Emery-Sam-Allardyce

See even the French know how sh!te Allardyce is lol

Interesting to hear the reasons why Emery might not even have been a starter. Doesn’t speak a work of English and next to no French either and the PSG experience put him off. Nice words on Silva too.

Kendall was nowhere near good enough.7

Alex Ferguson was 1 game away from being a disaster.

Truth is, nobody knows. Different circumstances, different clubs, different times.

If all the posts that involve people pissing their pants were removed we'd be on page 30 of this thread.

Lay off with the negative waves, man.
That's exactly right mate football isn't an exact science every body thought Leicester would get relegated under Ranieri also Southamton were mad to sack Nigel Aitkens and replace him with a fella from Gestafe in Spain who had just been sacked because they were bottom of the league his name was Potchettino.
I am just made up Allerdyce is gone so let's get behind the new guy.
I think Marco has got something so let's all just get behind him and give him a chance.

hope he won't tell the keeper to take a free kick near the half way line and kick it long to the center half (i.e. Keane) lol

The biggest mistake we made was getting Koeman instead of Pellegrini when brown shoes was sacked. He would have played a similar type of football but better and laid the foundations for a Silva/Howe type. Hopefully Marco is a step in the right direction.

I must admit that Emery was my first choice but I have had a change of heart since realising that he didn’t win a single away game in his last season at Sevilla! That’s a shocking stat in that league.. and not really what Everton needs with our away record.. Sod it, I’m now fully behind Marco! High tempo, attacking and dynamic.. fasten your seatbelts!

I must admit that Emery was my first choice but I have had a change of heart since realising that he didn’t win a single away game in his last season at Sevilla! That’s a shocking stat in that league.. and not really what Everton needs with our away record.. Sod it, I’m now fully behind Marco! High tempo, attacking and dynamic.. fasten your seatbelts!
+ he doesnt speak english. Actually didnt know that until few days ago.
Not having that...

Everton next manager: French football expert reveals update on Unai Emery swoop
UNAI EMERY is unlikely to replace Sam Allardyce at Everton, according to French football expert Julian Laurens.
By Bruce Archer
PUBLISHED: 12:30, Sat, May 19, 2018 | UPDATED: 12:36, Sat, May 19, 2018

Unai-Emery-962149.jpg

Allardyce was sacked as Everton boss this week with Marco Silva the favourite to replace him.

The Toffees have been linked with a move for former PSG boss Emery, but Laurens doesn't think he will be heading to England any time soon.

"No, I don't know why it would be a dream," he said on the Totally Football Show when asked if a move for Emery is just a pipe dream.

"I'm not sure Emery is attracted by the Premier League right now.

"I think he realised in Paris that the language barrier, even if he spoke a bit of French, was an issue. So I'm not sure how good his English is, but I can't see him coming over pretty soon."

And Laurens believes Silva is the man to replace Allardyce, because he's the complete opposite.

"I think Marco Silva is the one mentioned a lot now because he was first choice before Allardyce and I can see why," he added.

"I think he is very talented, bright young manager, and I think he will do very well there.
"For me the pitch is very easy, they basically have to find the complete opposite of Allardyce.

"I've always said it was a dreadful appointment and one that made no sense at all.

"I don't they were ever in trouble and I think they should have had someone better back then anyway, so it's right they let him go."

https://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/962149/Everton-next-manager-Unai-Emery-Sam-Allardyce

See even the French know how sh!te Allardyce is lol

Interesting to hear the reasons why Emery might not even have been a starter. Doesn’t speak a work of English and next to no French either and the PSG experience put him off. Nice words on Silva too.

Very refreshing to read a reasoned analysis. Silva is here anyway but if Emery had limited English it would be an issue.
Laurens is a good journalist and well connected and his comments on Silva are encouraging.

It’s really tiresome wading though the media for decent stuff, with all of the domestic outlets having such a biased and tribal pre-agenda towards everything outside of the darling clubs.

I hope Silva can surprise a few people and stick their noses in it.

Where not getting relegated though
I bet Stoke said the same at the beginning of last season. With the wrong manager there is nothing stopping us from relegation, thinking we’re somehow immune because of our squad or history is sillyness.

Not Silva related apologies, but don’t you just love twitter lol.

Haven’t even played a PL game yet and Wolves are already better than us.

Status
Not open for further replies.