Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Marco Silva

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think it's as paranoid a shout as you'd think. We're often offered "promoted articles" from a few various with offer of payment to influence markets - like "Ancelotti the Early Everton Replacement for Koeman" Of course we didn't run it, but I'm sure others did.

Also;

[Edit] Example. Day before Lukaku signs for Everton, Sky Spots run an article saying Real Madrid have swooped in, concluding with odds of something like 6/1 for him to sign for Real Madrid;

View attachment 46798

Their last reply made me smile.

"Its not speculation that impacts odds but yeah, speculation encourages bets which impacts odds"

Thanks for proving my point.
I wouldn't trust a bookie or those associated with them as far as I would throw them

Well who knows, nobody knew that we've had contact with brands for the last two years but Moshiri and brands have both confirmed it.

Maybe Moshiri spoke to brands after we sacked koeman for a good manager to go in for and he said Silva. Or maybe Moshiri had the foresight to identify a style of play that he wants for everton. Tried to get a manager that plays that way in October. Finally got the dof that he wanted in who wants the manager to play that way and Silva is the outstanding candidate so it just made sense to get him.

Either way I doubt very much brands has left psv to come to everton to just be Moshiris puppet.
Exactly
Maybe Moshiri and Brands had agreed for Brands to come in June and when Koeman was sacked Moshiri asked Brands "What do I do now"

The thing is, Howe is actually a good manager. But no one will admit it because he’s English and a bit beige, so it doesn’t make you look dead nuanced and cultured if you do.
I dont think theres any doubt hes a good manager..but does he have the ambition?

Now there’s a thought.....an angle I had not come from.

Suppose Brands had agreed, as far back as last autumn, to come at the end of the season and it was in actual fact Brands whom advised Mosh to go get Silva?

Happen the idea was to fire Walsh at the same time as Koeman but Brands felt obliged to see the season out with PSV?

It would sure explain a lot of things.

Surely you have learned by now that fume,angst and outrage are far more acceptable on GOT than rational thought.

Sky Sports News a LONG way behind social media as usual, saying Silva is 99% done. You don't say, Sky?
Shades of Lukaku there....99% done :cool::cool::cool:lol......interesting to read the GOT f/b page with apparently the majority against Silva's appointment....I will be holding a "watching brief" ie wait and see what the transfer window brings (or more importantly perhaps, who gets the boot)...we may have a better picture of how Brands and Silva intend to proceed.

There was no comparision between the Palace squad and the Hull squad.
I would be delighted to sign Zaha and Loftus-Cheek just to name two.
You can't name 2 out of their 3 decent players then say "just to name 2" lollollol

he had 22 games with them, not 10.

hodgson rescued a much more buried palace this seasom, no goals scored, let alone any points.

Hodgson took over a palace side that had been missing their star player. Once Zaha came back it was no surprise their results picked up. They had massively underachieved to that point.

Silva took over a Hull side that had sold all of their star players. In fact they’d sold pretty much all of their players.

I think the way it’ll work is that Silva will tell Brands he needs a player say CB who has certain qualities
Fast , dominant in the air, can pass a ball etc.
He may even make a couple of suggestions but Brands will do the scouting the data and character checks and present Silva with the player and say
There you go work away with him
Brands will want to keep the style of play and age profile consistent so there is a seamless change when a player or manager leaves
Regarding the point you make about transition, I would expect this to be the really hard part of Brands job as if the players are not performing and last their sell by date we also have the problem of having loads of players simply not good enough. I think we will see a load of loans out this summer unless clubs will be able to take the wages on board as well as a fee.

he had 22 games with them, not 10.

hodgson rescued a much more buried palace this seasom, no goals scored, let alone any points.
Let’s be honest though Palace have a much better team than Hull did. They shouldn’t have been in a scrap. They had the wrong manager at the start of the season plus numerous injuries.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back