Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Marco Silva

Status
Not open for further replies.
giphy.gif

I don't think it's as paranoid a shout as you'd think. We're often offered "promoted articles" from a few various with offer of payment to influence markets - like "Ancelotti the Early Everton Replacement for Koeman" Of course we didn't run it, but I'm sure others did.

Also;

[Edit] Example. Day before Lukaku signs for Everton, Sky Spots run an article saying Real Madrid have swooped in, concluding with odds of something like 6/1 for him to sign for Real Madrid;

View attachment 46798

Their last reply made me smile.

"Its not speculation that impacts odds but yeah, speculation encourages bets which impacts odds"

Back in 2014 Skybet was part of Sky but they sold the majority of it to an investment group in 2015 and kept a 20% share.

I believe the parent company of pokerstars has bought it all just recently in a deal worth a few billion.

Now, why would a company raking in millions via advertising try and manipulate a betting market to make a few grand on a minor betting market for a company they are only associated with by name??

That`s why he hasn`t taken another job in the meantime.

However you would hope he`s been watching from a far and has made a " hatchet " list, after watching some of the dross that`s been played.

Basically half of the team.

Turned down at least two on the continent - I know Benfica was one and that was well reported. Thought he was taking it at one point but changed his mind, by the sounds of it.

Don’t know the other for certain.

Southampton was reprorted - doubt it though.

Turned down at least two on the continent - I know Benfica was one and that was well reported. Thought he was taking it at one point but changed his mind, by the sounds of it.

Don’t know the other for certain.

Southampton was reprorted - doubt it though.
It`s always been his job, since moment he got the boot from Watford.

The serious journos all knew this, yet Allardyce seemed oblivious to it and acted all surprised and hurt, when he got the boot lol

That`s why he hasn`t taken another job in the meantime.

However you would hope he`s been watching from a far and has made a " hatchet " list, after watching some of the dross that`s been played.

Basically half of the team.

Yip exactly, he's had 6 months to prepare for the job. I hope his first day is spent telling a large percentage of the squad they're goners

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back