Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Marco Silva

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ive been wading though some of the “stuff” printed about Silva ve the last couple of years and in particular trying to understand what heppened at Watford. Many of us seem to think it is evidence of a weakness in his ability when actually i think it may just be the opposite.
By all accounts he is a great man manager. Players like him. They want to play for him. He apparently creates a strong bond with his squad almost immediately. This is what happens when a leader has the extra factor. Not just a good coach BUT inspirational leader. Leaders like this appear in all walks of life not jus football. They make a difference. What they do create is a sense for the players who work with him of being “touched moved and inspired” by his vision and leadership.
Players believe in him. Their actions reflect his vision and belief.
So how the as t was the case at Watford do players react whe he brings them under his spell and then seemingly jilts them after 8 games or so for greener pastures....its a messy break up...
I think he is exactly what we need right now. Just as we ended a Sam like figure to pull us out of the thinkable we now need an Inspirational easer to pull us together
I think he may be it
An interesting point about him being a charismatic inspirational leader.

Whoever comes in, I'm going to do my best to be positive about. We need a new manager who helps make that possible.

Emery or Simeone are most definitely out of our reach at this moment in time and if Fonseca doesn't happen I wouldn't be too upset with Silva / Howe / Dyche. Although I'm secretly hoping for Conte (if Fonseca doesn't happen), I'm too embarrassed to declare that publicly for some reason or another.

Emery or Simeone are most definitely out of our reach at this moment in time and if Fonseca doesn't happen I wouldn't be too upset with Silva / Howe / Dyche. Although I'm secretly hoping for Conte (if Fonseca doesn't happen), I'm too embarrassed to declare that publicly for some reason or another.

Not sure Emery will get near a top job again, will likely go to Real Sociedad next.

Ive been wading though some of the “stuff” printed about Silva ve the last couple of years and in particular trying to understand what heppened at Watford. Many of us seem to think it is evidence of a weakness in his ability when actually i think it may just be the opposite.
By all accounts he is a great man manager. Players like him. They want to play for him. He apparently creates a strong bond with his squad almost immediately. This is what happens when a leader has the extra factor. Not just a good coach BUT inspirational leader. Leaders like this appear in all walks of life not jus football. They make a difference. What they do create is a sense for the players who work with him of being “touched moved and inspired” by his vision and leadership.
Players believe in him. Their actions reflect his vision and belief.
So how the as t was the case at Watford do players react whe he brings them under his spell and then seemingly jilts them after 8 games or so for greener pastures....its a messy break up...
I think he is exactly what we need right now. Just as we ended a Sam like figure to pull us out of the thinkable we now need an Inspirational easer to pull us together
I think he may be it
Silva may turn out to be brilliant... or not.
Can we afford the risk ? Are we still at a place where we take on a manager hoping he will be great ?

When you look at the managers salary we offer and the money we spend on players I would hope that we could attract a proven manager that has ambitions to prove himself in the premiership.

My main concern with Silva is I don't know what his style of play is. He hasn't been anywhere long enough for me to look at a team and know it is his.

Everything I read is positive but a bit contradictory. Some describe him as a meticulous planner obsessed with defensive shape and others someone who wants to dominate with the ball and others who say he plays on the break.
4/5 attacking players, high back line and a lot of hedging of bets, usually leading to lots of goals being conceded. Martinez Lite, essentially.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back