Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

Martinez new Belgium head coach

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nah, doubt it.
We would have got a 10 goal a year man from somewhere.
He's been a superb signing, I just wonder whether spending his entire kitty was wise, especially with the work and indulging Lukaku needed.
Take @davek 's point though, it's an extremely harsh critique, I'll freely admit that.

Someone like Di Santo or Boselli?

It's a good call, although it seems harsh to state buying a player who has become our best scorer for decades was a mistake.

Surely the way to look at it is to say that more funds was required to complete the rest of the squad development?

That said, I do see that Roberto would have required a change of philosophy even with an upgrade in player in key areas of the squad. You can see how bamboozled Guardiola is right now with the riche at his fingertips trying to keep to his similar method at City.
*faints*

It's a good call, although it seems harsh to state buying a player who has become our best scorer for decades was a mistake.

Surely the way to look at it is to say that more funds was required to complete the rest of the squad development?

That said, I do see that Roberto would have required a change of philosophy even with an upgrade in player in key areas of the squad. You can see how bamboozled Guardiola is right now with the riche at his fingertips trying to keep to his similar method at City.

You think he is going to win the PL for Everton if he was not sacked?

Martinez signed 22 players for 100m.

His purchase of Lukaku was the only good thing he did.
Ha Ha Ha.

Dont make me take you to task again over this.

And yes, he did sign Lukaku didn't he? The most important signing for this club in the past couple of decades....and he'll be sold for over twice the price by your dullard, no frills manager. I hope he's grateful.

Geri
The Clev
Holgate
Atsu
LRod
Mori
Lennon
Foulds
Tarahahshshjai
Niase
Barry
Robles
Escape
Jamo
Utter Aids
Stanek
Kone
Besic
Lukaku
Galloway
Eto'o
Traore

22 players bought by Martinez.

10 have already been moved on, going forward, currently, only 4 have any long term future at the club.

So thats 4 players out of 22 able to offer a telling contribution to the club.

To contrast, every signing made by Walsh is an instant hit.

Geri
The Clev
Holgate
Atsu
LRod
Mori
Lennon
Foulds
Tarahahshshjai
Niase
Barry
Robles
Escape
Jamo
Utter Aids
Stanek
Kone
Besic
Lukaku
Galloway
Eto'o
Traore

22 players bought by Martinez.

10 have already been moved on, going forward, currently, only 4 have any long term future at the club.

So thats 4 players out of 22 able to offer a telling contribution to the club.

To contrast, every signing made by Walsh is an instant hit.
Ha Ha. I dont know why I bother, but here goes...
Out of the 10 moved on half were moved on by Martinez - and some were mere loan deals; 7 have long term futures (Robles, Holgate, Mori, Besic - oh yeah, he signed your favourite, funny that - Lukaku, McCarthy, Galloway) and only Barry's age means he doesn't as he's been one of the best value buys this club has had in the past 20 years; Barkley was rescued by RM from a life in the Championship where ginger banished him and he brought him through, and Davies came through the system RM put in place at the academy overseen by Unsworth...and we'll have others coming through that system like Kenny and Walsh as well as Dowell. Meanwhile out of the Moyes shower Mirallas, Jagielka, Baines and Gibson continue to embarrass the club, with only Coleman playing with distinction..

Now let that be the end of it. :coffee:

Ha Ha. I dont know why I bother, but here goes...
Out of the 10 moved on half were moved on by Martinez - and some were mere loan deals; 7 have long term futures (Robles, Holgate, Mori, Besic - oh yeah, he signed your favourite, funny that - Lukaku, McCarthy, Galloway) and only Barry's age means he doesn't as he's been one of the best value buys this club has had in the past 20 years; Barkley was rescued by RM from a life in the Championship where ginger banished him and he brought him through, and Davies came through the system RM put in place at the academy overseen by Unsworth...and we'll have others coming through that system like Kenny and Walsh as well as Dowell. Meanwhile out of the Moyes shower Mirallas, Jagielka, Baines and Gibson continue to embarrass the club, with only Coleman playing with distinction..

Now let that be the end of it. :coffee:
Just. So embarrassing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back