Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

Martinez new Belgium head coach

Status
Not open for further replies.
Would make a nice agony uncle and attacking coach. Never a prem manager. Didn't have a season ticket for his last year in charge. That's how bad the footy was.

We didn't play any good football in a single one of those games during that run, not one. Not even QPR, they were just the most pitiful side I've ever seen for years.

That Newcastle game was the infamous Eto'o on the wing and garbutt stating the players didn't have a clue what he wanted, but it was the players fault apparently.

And Hull ffs, when he stated "we're almost we're we want to be" after being absolutely bummed.

I detest that utter wham speaking fraud, can't wait till he's managing in the bottom tier and boring the 500 fans at Cheltenham

That Newcastle game was the infamous Eto'o on the wing and garbutt stating the players didn't have a clue what he wanted, but it was the players fault apparently.

And Hull ffs, when he stated "we're almost we're we want to be" after being absolutely bummed.

I detest that utter wham speaking fraud, can't wait till he's managing in the bottom tier and boring the 500 fans at Cheltenham

Hahahaha.

Yeah it was, I remember making the trip up there to Newcastle as well hungover to death after about 3 hours sleep. I saw the starting line up and nearly burst into tears, Baines in midfield and Kone up front, McGeady starting. Then Kone scored and it all seemed to be going well, then we proceeded to let Jack Colback run rings around us. That was a long day.

You know those fancy thread graphics we have for the Ronkoe thread and transfer thread?

Can someone put the picture below for this thread, from when Martinez tried to get us relegated:

View attachment 33620

I had tantamount to a mental breakdown on the drive home after that stoke away game

I was convinced we were going to be relegated

One of the worst nights I've ever had following Everton

I had tantamount to a mental breakdown on the drive home after that stoke away game

The Leicester 2-2 was one that had me. I had basically all my family round and I was in such a mood. And we didn't even lose that day but played so so bad.

Didn't go that game but I was at Arsenal the weekend before it, one of the most toxic away atmospheres I've ever experienced for sure. Fans fighting amongst themselves all over the show. It was half empty with 10 minutes left.

All in all, his tenure was an utter nightmare and I'm thankful it's getting buried.

The Leicester 2-2 was one that had me. I had basically all my family round and I was in such a mood. And we didn't even lose that day but played so so bad.

Hahaha that was another Tim Howard special wasn't it? Flapping at 2 crosses for Cambiasso's goal. They were rock bottom and hadn't won a game in about 3 months and we got out of jail with a last minute own goal from Matthew Upson of all people.

I genuinely think he's a decent bloke like. Always seemed to love mucking in with the charity work the club did

I'm just thoroughly delighted he's no longer managing my football club and taking them on an inevitable plunge into The Championship

I do think Dave and those of his ilk really have a lot to do with the negativity that gets thrown Roberto's way. Their unfaltering zeal only served to wind people up at the time and continues to wind people up now (And dare I say it could happen with the current Koeman crew as well? These things tend to be circular)

I think that in time, once everyone has calmed down, we'll be capable as a fan base to appreciate the good things Martinez brought to the table whilst also accepting that it was the right decision to send him on his way

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back