Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

Martinez new Belgium head coach

Status
Not open for further replies.
A list of Belgian managers.

Wilmots, Leekens, Advocaat, Vandereycken, Anthuenis, Waseige.

What do you find in common?

Coaching a national team does not mean you are a good manager.
Wilmotts was being paid £500k a year, Martinez got this gig partly because he could afford to take a massive salary drop as the fraud was sat on the £10m he walked away from Goodison with.

Yes then he can't relegate a club.

And the clubs will do the fitness things for their players instead.

Moyes nailed on for the Scotland job then.

If he is lucky the clubs will install a winning mentality within their players.

It IS Scotland though....

Wilmotts was being paid £500k a year, Martinez got this gig partly because he could afford to take a massive salary drop as the fraud was sat on the £10m he walked away from Goodison with.

Laughing at your expert "knowledge" of who's being paid what salary and who got what compo package.

I dont suppose you have the source for these figures do you? No, suppose not.

Btw, if Martinez is a 'fraud" what is Koeman? Martinez ran up a record points haul for Everton; so far Koeman has clocked up a Moyes-lite 58 points; Martinez has won a trophy in the past decade, Koeman has won the square root of f.a. in that time.

I think the Belgian FA have made a very wise choice to guide them to the World Cup finals. A fine man and a coach who can make maximum use of that nations attacking talent.

Laughing at your expert "knowledge" of who's being paid what salary and who got what compo package.

Btw, if Martinez is a 'fraud" what is Koeman? Martinez ran up a record points haul for Everton; so far Koeman has clocked up a Moyes-lite 58 points; Martinez has won a trophy in the past decade, Koeman has won the square root of f.a. in that time.

I think the Belgian FA have made a very wise choice to guide them to the World Cup finals. A fine man and a coach who can make maximum use of that nations attacking talent.
So you're trying to say that Wilmotts wasn't on £500k a year and that Martinez didn't walk away with a £10m payout from EFC??? Really??

Martinez served up 2 years of absolute bilge before he was rightly sacked. At least his players now are getting proper training sessions at their respective clubs, so he can't ruin their defensive drilling and fitness levels.

So you're trying to say that Wilmotts wasn't on £500k a year and that Martinez didn't walk away with a £10m payout from EFC??? Really??

Martinez served up 2 years of absolute bilge before he was rightly sacked. At least his players now are getting proper training sessions at their respective clubs, so he can't ruin their defensive drilling and fitness levels.
No, I'm not trying to say anything about it. YOU are. Thats why I'm asking YOU for proof that you know what you're talking about.

5th so? Delusional individual who spouted bull and took this club backwards.

Lol at you Martinez is a proven fraud. Open your eyes and see what he had done between 2014-2016. They just disappeared from your mind is it?

Brendan Rodgers has won 2 trophies alone this season, would you say that Rodgers is a much better manager again? would you say managers like Redknapp, Di Mattaeo, Laudrup, Mcleish, to name a few a much better managers than Koeman?

Martinez achieved 72 points using the majority of a David Moyes Squad, and Koeman has got europe back using the majority of a Martinez squad. Except Martinez with his squad also finished bottom half finishes two years in a row, He recorded lowest home wins last season and the players literally stopped playing for him because his tactics were so damaging.

Compared to Ronald Koeman, a statistic which is interesting. Martinez won a combined total of 26 games in TWO seasons. Koeman has won 16 games (so far) in his first season. that i think is pretty damning considering last season he only got 10 wins, koeman managed to eclipse that and almost double it if we won our remaining games, still come close.

so what justification can you have of supporting our former manager to that extent when the stats put him in the bottom two of our worst ever managers in our history. The fact was the man that made going to Goodison a terrible experience, that alone should warrant no support from any fan let alone to defend him. And yes he did win an FA cup, but not with us, so why does it matter? Reading your posts over time, Koemans cup and league wins in his career seem to be dismissed as not 'successful' so why on earth does martinez's one trophy count in your argument?

Roberto Martinez is a manager that has managed to con his way into two top jobs despite destroying both clubs he has left. We were a shambles this summer compared to the largely 11 years under Moyes, and Wigan was destroyed enough that they haven't been able to group together.

Either way any manager of any team who makes going the game a bad experience warrants no support because of success before he came here. That is a small time mentality to have as a fan, top clubs don't settle for it but you are happy with what Martinez achieved at the club?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back