Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

Martinez new Belgium head coach

Status
Not open for further replies.
You can't know that. They might of gone from strength to strength but we'll never know cos Martinez got them relegated.

So what? We are not Wigan fans anyway!

And no they wouldn't have gone from strength to strength. It just doesn't happen! They could have went and won the league, they would still go back down soon enough like Blackburn did and like Leicester will.

And equally you can't know if Martinez would have seen Everton relegated like you keep banging on about.

We were never even close.

He could have I reckon. Purely because he "lost the dressing room".

He was rightfully sacked for that and we all moved on. I'm not sure what people want now. Blood? Half time tarring and feathering of our former catalan maestro? I don't get it!

I'd rather get to the latter stages of cups to have a chance of winning them. Just think people go over the top with the Martinez hate tbh like they do with certain players aswell, over exaggerate so much...

Not for me because I do care about the league and the woeful home records last season (maybe some don't). If this is 2000 maybe 12th is ok but after doing pretty well in the league for over a decade, 2 bottom half finish in a row was basically unacceptable. This was like going back to the Walter Smith's era.

Not for me because I do care about the league and the woeful home records last season (maybe some don't). If this is 2000 maybe 12th is ok but after doing pretty well in the league for over a decade, 2 bottom half finish in a row was basically unacceptable. This was like going back to the Walter Smith's era.

Hence him getting sacked...

Whats the issue?

He could have I reckon. Purely because he "lost the dressing room".

He was rightfully sacked for that and we all moved on. I'm not sure what people want now. Blood? Half time tarring and feathering of our former catalan maestro? I don't get it!

I think the majority of the ocd guys are responding due to dave's consistent praising of RM as some kind of miracle worker and he uses the 72 points medal as a source to beat Koeman?? That's how I feel I might be wrong.

So what? We are not Wigan fans anyway!

And no they wouldn't have gone from strength to strength. It just doesn't happen! They could have went and won the league, they would still go back down soon enough like Blackburn did and like Leicester will.
They were like furniture in the league so it's not beyond the realms of possibility for them to go to the next level. Which would just mean being a mid table side. Thats a level up for them and was far from impossible. I do agree with you however that we should drop the Wigan talk and focus on his time here which after a first fluke season was shocking.

And equally you can't know if Martinez would have seen Everton relegated like you keep banging on about.

We were never even close.
We finished 11th year two and were 13th when he got sacked in year three. We're it not for the little purple patches we had both seasons we would of been in a relegation dog fight. We were going backwards it would of continued to be so, it might of taken another few years but if Martinez had remained boss we'd if been involved in a fully fledged relegation scrap.

We finished 11th year two and were 13th when he got sacked in year three. We're it not for the little purple patches we had both seasons we would of been in a relegation dog fight. We were going backwards it would of continued to be so, it might of taken another few years but if Martinez had remained boss we'd if been involved in a fully fledged relegation scrap.

You don't know that.

We're going in circles here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back