Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

Martinez new Belgium head coach

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wonder how Ramos will feel when he tells him “corners are pointless” and he spends £80m on “the best English player of all time Tom Cleverley and brings in El Mohamady.

Really not the guy to bring in when you want to overhaul your team with new signings.

Love it. Rather than talk about his ability to take Belgium to the WC semi final when under the previous manager they were tosh, let's say something as ridiculous as this.

I guarantee if he gets the real job and does well, folk in here will revisit the "it's la liga, two club year, you can't fail" argument.

Under the previous manager they got to the quarters.

Love it. Rather than talk about his ability to take Belgium to the WC semi final when under the previous manager they were tosh, let's say something as ridiculous as this.

I guarantee if he gets the real job and does well, folk in here will revisit the "it's la liga, two club year, you can't fail" argument.
Maybe they will, but so what. Don't mind the fella myself - he's a decent bloke (apart from siphening 10m quid from us) and good luck to him.

But the fact remains that he failed at Everton and left us in a mess from which we are only this season beginning to recover. That's his Everton obituary, and no amount of re-writing history or praising him for what he has done since or what he might do in the future can change that.

Maybe they will, but so what. Don't mind the fella myself - he's a decent bloke (apart from siphening 10m quid from us) and good luck to him.

But the fact remains that he failed at Everton and left us in a mess from which we are only this season beginning to recover. That's his Everton obituary, and no amount of re-writing history or praising him for what he has done since or what he might do in the future can change that.
No he didn't. First, he was here three seasons and taken as a whole that wasn't failure to get 5th and two cup SF spots. Second, we were so much in "a mess" when he left that even that bellend Koeman was able to get 7th next season.

Madrid would be the first score line every Evertonian checked every weekend after watching us, it could be fun. How believable the links are though, I'm not so sure.

Not sure what this guy does to attract the attention. He has an absolutely charmed life by the looks of it.

Maybe it was how he set Wigan up in their 9-0 defeat to spurs that gained him his admirers.

He took Wigan down and has had one very good season in the premier league.

International football is probably more his thing, he wouldn't last 6 months at Madrid.

Not sure what this guy does to attract the attention. He has an absolutely charmed life by the looks of it.

Maybe it was how he set Wigan up in their 9-0 defeat to spurs that gained him his admirers.

He took Wigan down and has had one very good season in the premier league.

International football is probably more his thing, he wouldn't last 6 months at Madrid.
You lost.

Accept it.

Your view of Martinez is not shared by the rest of the football world.

It's difficult for you, I know. But there we have it.

No he didn't. First, he was here three seasons and taken as a whole that wasn't failure to get 5th and two cup SF spots. Second, we were so much in "a mess" when he left that even that bellend Koeman was able to get 7th next season.
Two 11th place finishes in 3 seasons and going out of the cups at the first hurdle 3 times out of 6 constitutes failure for a club of Everton's stature whatever way you look at it. That's why he was sacked. Time to get over it and move on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back