Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

Martinez new Belgium head coach

Status
Not open for further replies.

What's the point of posting that? I could respond with a picture of Alex Ferguson and Jose Mourinho lifting that troohy.

*sigh*

I think he’s trying to tell you winning one of the knock out competitions in England isn’t the best barometer on how to judge a manager, as the photo clearly indicates.

Especially when the same manager gets relegated in the same season.

Agree on this, no fluke, however the credit for the 72 points goes to Moyes since it was he that had the players so well drilled and organised, infact if he had stayed just one more season I think in the 2013/14 season we might of got 73 points under Davey

Soz mate, but I have to go with dave in that last bit...

Ha Ha Ha.
No.
...We needed the 'Goldilocks Option' not too much Moyes, not too much Martinez, but just right, Moyes couldn't open it up a little, and Martinez wouldn't tighten it up....as season 2 and after showed.

He left Martinez with Dads Army and a dressing room full of snides.

Dave mate 6 months to go till 2020 and Martinez left us with McCarthy, Niasse, Besic, Tarashaj, Garbutt and Galloway (gone, just). He gave Mirallas a new deal too. The damage is still visible.

Dave mate 6 months to go till 2020 and Martinez left us with McCarthy, Niasse, Besic, Tarashaj, Garbutt and Galloway (gone, just). He gave Mirallas a new deal too. The damage is still visible.
No damage done to Everton by Martinez overall. The cash made from the players he borught in at least broke even and probably we're in the black with them [especially if you factor in Stones' development under Martinez and count him - legitimately - in the Martinez plus column].

Koeman destroyed Everton.....I'll say that again, because I dont think enough people get it and / or accept it...

KOEMAN DESTROYED EVERTON.

No damage done to Everton by Martinez overall. The cash made from the players he borught in at least broke even and probably we're in the black with them [especially if you factor in Stones' development under Martinez and count him - legitimately - in the Martinez plus column].

Koeman destroyed Everton.....I'll say that again, because I dont think enough people get it and / or accept it...

KOEMAN DESTROYED EVERTON.
Come on Dave lets be sensible here. Neither Martinez or Koeman "destroyed" us. At worst you could make a case that either/both set us back a few years but destroyed?! Come on mate, we're in the exact same postion that we've been in for the best of twenty years.......

Come on Dave lets be sensible here. Neither Martinez or Koeman "destroyed" us. At worst you could make a case that either/both set us back a few years but destroyed?! Come on mate, we're in the exact same postion that we've been in for the best of twenty years.......
Leave Martinez out of it. He did fine. Performance wise and finance wise. Koeman did neither.

And we are destroyed as a club with elite pretensions because Koeman basically took £200M we needed to make the leap into the top level and shovelled it into a furnace. He's put us a decade back. At least.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back