Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Martinez Signs New 5 Year Contract

Status
Not open for further replies.
Right, i'm just going to put a negative head on for 5 minutes...

What if we're crap next season?

What if he was guaranteed money, but only that he could have ALL what he sold?

Right positive head back on....

ROBERTO HAD A DREAM.....

Might seem a ridiculous answer this, but even if we do flop a bit, I'll be right behind him. The man sets up his team to play football the right way and his mentality and application will pay off in the long run.

The longer this man is at Everton, the better. The only danger is if he starts to play it safe and protect himself rather than advance the club like his predecessor did, but I don't think that's in his character at all.

Might seem a ridiculous answer this, but even if we do flop a bit, I'll be right behind him. The man sets up his team to play football the right way and his mentality and application will pay off in the long run.

The longer this man is at Everton, the better. The only danger is if he starts to play it safe and protect himself rather than advance the club like his predecessor did, but I don't think that's in his character at all.

Nah, not ridiculous at all.

It's nice to have a 'good man' in charge.

True from their perspective, but one would imagine Martinez wouldn't have extended if he wasn't confident of being able to develop, surely?

I dont think he needs to develop Everton that much to attract further attention to himself. He's not going to develop a team here that can make the next step into a top four outfit, that's for sure. There's no short cut to that, you have to have strength in depth and that costs.

I dont think he needs to develop Everton that much to attract further attention to himself. He's not going to develop a team here that can make the next step into a top four outfit, that's for sure. There's no short cut to that, you have to have strength in depth and that costs.

He doesn't seem like a man who wants to tread water. I actually disagree - I think he's capable of getting us into the CL without needing new owners - but it's just as possible we'll fall behind big spending Spurs and Man Utd. next season, too. There's just something about his character that makes me think he wouldn't commit himself to a new contract if he didn't see a clear scope for improvement.

He doesn't seem like a man who wants to tread water. I actually disagree - I think he's capable of getting us into the CL without needing new owners - but it's just as possible we'll fall behind big spending Spurs and Man Utd. next season, too. There's just something about his character that makes me think he wouldn't commit himself to a new contract if he didn't see a clear scope for improvement.

I think we'll have too many games and be stretched too thinly this coming season.

He's an excellent manager. I fully expect him to be at another club in two years time though. He wont need to hang on like Moyes had to for SAF to give him the leg up to a top, top club. And I wouldn't blame him in the slightest when it happens.

I worry that he's set the bar very high already and some fans will expect to improve on last season.

That's not necessarily a bad thing, but with the lack of investment from the board, it feels a bit unrealistic.

Always said give him 18 months, the only reason i can see such a huge new improved contract is because he must have had an offer on the table from another club.

Always said give him 18 months, the only reason i can see such a huge new improved contract is because he must have had an offer on the table from another club.

If that was the case, well done board then

Hardly a suprise if there was another club after him.

O'Keeffe.

Code:
he'll keep your heads above water while Kenwright and Co. wait for their big pay off

New Ground - See Bobby
Increase Brand Awareness - See Bobby
Increase TV money - See Bobby
Transfer Fund - See Bobby
New Owners or Investment - See Bobby
List of Player targerts - See Bobby
Failed Transfer bids - see Bobby

Lets face it, Bobby has told everyone he has his list of targerts and now the club has smoothed the way for some let downs as Bobby will have to get on message just like Moyes.

Brings up an interesting point (not really for us at this stage).....Would you expect a manager to accept a pay rise if it meant that he couldn't afford to acquire some of his targets?.... i.e "you can have 60k p/w instead of 30k p/w but we won't be able to afford all you targets"....What would Jesus do?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back