Martinez: The Reality

Status
Not open for further replies.
He should have been gone in January after the WBA game. Sacking him right now serves no purpose. The earliest we should sack him at the moment is if we're in danger of relegation with a handful of games to go, but I don't think that will happen.

Personally, I think he'll be here until around Christmas, but he's been found out good and proper and I see no way back. Dead man walking.

Boringly predictable. We are not a better team than when Moyes left, the optimism of that first season has well and truly vanished without a trace.

Our performances against big teams away from home are exactly the same as they ever were. We're so short on ideas in the final third it's painful to watch.

We're not going to get relegated because I think we'll scramble a few wins in the same style as the one we got against Palace. It's still be a rotten season and he's very lucky he isn't manager of the likes of Spurs.

He should have been gone in January after the WBA game. Sacking him right now serves no purpose. The earliest we should sack him at the moment is if we're in danger of relegation with a handful of games to go, but I don't think that will happen.

Personally, I think he'll be here until around Christmas, but he's been found out good and proper and I see no way back. Dead man walking.
The question is though do we keep with him and our slide towards the bottom 3 or do we realise we are in a mess and bring in someone with fresh ideas?

He's not gonna get sacked while we're doing well in Europe.

Don't win the EL and he'll be gone quite soon I reckon.

We've become the laughing stock of the Prem. No me gusta

#TeamPereira

The question is though do we keep with him and our slide towards the bottom 3 or do we realise we are in a mess and bring in someone with fresh ideas?

That question should have been answered in January, not now. The season is a write off, and until relegation becomes a real threat rather than a possible one, there's no point getting rid of him and, realistically, there's clearly no appetite at boardroom level to do so either.

The run of results leading to the WBA game should have been the time, as it would have given a new man a bit of a transfer window to work with, and there was a gap between games to get the squad together and begin work.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back