Martinez: The Reality

Status
Not open for further replies.
The issue in my eyes is the fact we areIincapable of beating teams that weshould be including hull leister and the like.

A mid table and the euopa league run and I'd be happy. its the fact we keep dropping silly points that concerns me

The issue in my eyes is the fact we areIincapable of beating teams that weshould be including hull leister and the like.

A mid table and the euopa league run and I'd be happy. its the fact we keep dropping silly points that concerns me
The one thing he needs to show next season is that he has in place a method to break down the drone teams with their worker bees who get 9 behind the ball and dont drop their effort. It's a problem that has derailed the season domestically.

If a team gives us room to play you can see just how good we can be under Martinez...as per last season. But he needs to find a way of winning ugly.

The one thing he needs to show next season is that he has in place a method to break down the drone teams with their worker bees who get 9 behind the ball and dont drop their effort. It's a problem that has derailed the season domestically.

If a team gives us room to play you can see just how good we can be under Martinez...as per last season. But he needs to find a way of winning ugly.

Also needs experienced players to come in to replace the dead weight - Osman, Pienaar, Howard, Hibbert, Distin, Howard, Kone, Alcaraz. That's 8 players out of 25 who have contributed very little this season due to general gashness or injury.

Running all season on 17 players - Mirallas and Gibson being injury prone - and having to rely on a bunch of 21 year olds every week, hasn't helped.

Need more players around that 27 year old region to help push the younger players when they're out of form.

Also needs experienced players to come in to replace the dead weight - Osman, Pienaar, Howard, Hibbert, Distin, Howard, Kone, Alcaraz. That's 8 players out of 25 who have contributed very little this season due to general gashness or injury.

Running all season on 17 players - Mirallas and Gibson being injury prone - and having to rely on a bunch of 21 year olds every week, hasn't helped.

Need more players around that 27 year old region to help push the younger players when they're out of form.
I agree. My argument from the off this season is that Martinez failed to use the goodwill he'd built up last season to start the deconstruction of Moyes' squad and begin to cast one in his own image. We now find ourselves behind on a project by 12 months unnecessarily. This summer should have seen the last of the deadwood being punted; instead he has a real step change to make at a greater speed. Al those players you highlight plus what look like being replacements for Mirallas and McGeady will need to be looked at in what has to be a very busy summer.

I agree. My argument from the off this season is that Martinez failed to use the goodwill he'd built up last season to start the deconstruction of Moyes' squad and begin to cast one in his own image. We now find ourselves behind on a project by 12 months unnecessarily. This summer should have seen the last of the deadwood being punted; instead he has a real step change to make at a greater speed. Al those players you highlight plus what look like being replacements for Mirallas and McGeady will need to be looked at in what has to be a very busy summer.

Totally forgot about McGeady.

So basically we've been running on a 15 man squad all season to compete in 4 competitions.

Not saying Martinez hasn't been at fault, he has. But you can't just pin it all on him.

Totally forgot about McGeady.

So basically we've been running on a 15 man squad all season to compete in 4 competitions.

Not saying Martinez hasn't been at fault, he has. But you can't just pin it all on him.

The EL has defo complicated matters too...something we wont need to worry about next season.

Big summer for Martinez coming up. I like him and his style, but there really wont be any hiding place for him if we're not comfortably in the top half all next season (after the dust has settled by the end of September).

I think there's a myth about our trouble being unable to break down the "park the bus" type teams. There have been games were we've taken the lead only to throw it away. Off the top of my head there's Leicester A and H, Palace H and Hull H.

We've just not been good enough with too many key players getting nowhere near last season's performance levels. I think blaming Martinez lets the players off scot free, although it is definitely fair to question some of his team selections and subs.

I think there's a myth about our trouble being unable to break down the "park the bus" type teams. There have been games were we've taken the lead only to throw it away. Off the top of my head there's Leicester A and H, Palace H and Hull H.

We've just not been good enough with too many key players getting nowhere near last season's performance levels. I think blaming Martinez lets the players off scot free, although it is definitely fair to question some of his team selections and subs.

Absolutely. In most of those games, especially early in the season, we'd have to score 3 goals to compensate for defensive cocks ups, form, fitness.

Its just been a complete mess in all departments.

He needs better players. Teams can park the bus and we just don't have enough to worry them leaving us open however with a bit mor confidence we would move the ball quicker opening the space.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back