Martinez: The Reality

Status
Not open for further replies.
His 'philosophies' are detrimental to the team at the moment. Given our current plight we need fight and grit yet we just keep playing tippy tappy. I don't think he has a clue how to get us into a fighting team though. When all is well he's ace as his positivity is infectious. When it gets tough the same outlook doesn't wash with anybody. I worry a bad start to next season would leave us exactly the same as where we are now. I've lost nearly all confidence in him.

Look at the teams around and ABOVE us.

Look at their squads.

Look at ours.

He's an embarrassment.

Haha.... we could have sherwood 2 games two defeats
Sack him and hope we get a little knee jerk to save the season with Big dunc

Seriously, do you want to go down the route of tottenham...they have suffered by sacking managers prematurely , if we sack who really do you think will come to us?? newcastle hanging out for manager in the summer, we can get Klopp??

His 'philosophies' are detrimental to the team at the moment. Given our current plight we need fight and grit yet we just keep playing tippy tappy. I don't think he has a clue how to get us into a fighting team though. When all is well he's ace as his positivity is infectious. When it gets tough the same outlook doesn't wash with anybody. I worry a bad start to next season would leave us exactly the same as where we are now. I've lost nearly all confidence in him.

I honestly think he's overly positive when he shouldn't be.

Let's put it this way, if I was bad at my job but kept getting told I was 'phenomenal', I'd carry on being bad at my job. There's no reason to improve.

I think he's a really poor man manager.

Let's put it this way, if I was bad at my job but kept getting told I was 'phenomenal', I'd carry on being bad at my job. There's no reason to improve.

Same here, it all seems a bit too friendly. He seems more concerned with being liked than making the difficult calls.

Do the players really respect him? It's all well and good having the Martinez approach when things are going well but in times like this you need to show some balls and call the players out. I don't think that's happening.

The Reality is he isn't going anywhere this season. If we were going to sack him we would have in Early January.

However I struggle to see him as manager this time next year unless their is a complete turnaround at the start of the next season

I, like I'd imagine most Everton supporters fell for this positivity as a breath of fresh air after Moyes, I'm sure the players did last season as well. He just cannot adapt his mindset when faced with adversity which has basically opened everybody's eyes. You're right, in fact I'd add to that. If I was doing bad at my job but kept told all was fine I'd probably lose all respect for that person as well.

I, like I'd imagine most Everton supporters fell for this positivity as a breath of fresh air after Moyes, I'm sure the players did last season as well. He just cannot adapt his mindset when faced with adversity which has basically opened everybody's eyes. You're right, in fact I'd add to that. If I was doing bad at my job but kept told all was fine I'd probably lose all respect for that person as well.

Absolutely. It indicates a lack of leadership.

It's the main reason I firmly believe he's a dead man walking now. I just hope he doesn't kill our club before he finally his Everton managerial career dies, as relegation would in all likelihood be the end of us as a top tier club for a long, long time.

Haha.... we could have sherwood 2 games two defeats
Sack him and hope we get a little knee jerk to save the season with Big dunc

Seriously, do you want to go down the route of tottenham...they have suffered by sacking managers prematurely , if we sack who really do you think will come to us?? newcastle hanging out for manager in the summer, we can get Klopp??
On the flip side palace and west brom are climbing the table.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back