Martinez: The Reality

Status
Not open for further replies.
He did to Walter with similar performances with a much worse squad, so who knows. 99% sure you're right though.

Walter had been here longer, though and didn't have anything like last year.

There's far more reasons to give Martinez the doubt and Bill is the kind of person to reach for them, imo.

Martinez: “We didn’t deserve the scoreline. The 2nd half was terrific and that was a reflection of our performance”

SHUT UP JUST SHUT UP
Martinez: “We didn’t deserve the scoreline (should be 3-0 or 4-0). The 2nd half was terrific (for Arsenal) and that was a reflection of our (poor) performance”

The argument or primary belief that this season is merely a blip and last season shows his true potential is looking weaker by the week.

Could it not be that last season was the blip and instead this season is showing his true form? I'm not saying it is, but we've had this since August.

I've even become tired of typing the same complaints and concerns that appear during each performance.

As @Dutch Toffee mentioned, I sincerely hope that he can revitalise the club with a few more signings, but I really can't say I truly believe this.

Everybody appears to be simply counting down the days until the end of the season when we've survived; then it will all be better.

But what if next season isn't better? It all boils down to the point that our performances aren't a blip, rather they're the precedent.

It's hard to be confident in somewhen when their decisions and comments are bordering on being deluded.

Warning signs have been there since the pre-season shambles. Players had no intensity about them.
The early season fall out with Distin was another massive alarm bell ringing for me - the guy had been a model pro for donkey's years and yet he stormed off to France after a bust up.
Then we have so many injuries and physio's and coaches leaving left right and centre.
The whole Eto'o saga too.

Something is very wrong at Everton i think.

Boringly predictable. We are not a better team than when Moyes left, the optimism of that first season has well and truly vanished without a trace.

Our performances against big teams away from home are exactly the same as they ever were. We're so short on ideas in the final third it's painful to watch.

We're not going to get relegated because I think we'll scramble a few wins in the same style as the one we got against Palace. It's still be a rotten season and he's very lucky he isn't manager of the likes of Spurs.

On that basis the problem is the players, not the manager.

The argument or primary belief that this season is merely a blip and last season shows his true potential is looking weaker by the week.

Could it not be that last season was the blip and instead this season is showing his true form? I'm not saying it is, but we've had this since August.

I've even become tired of typing the same complaints and concerns that appear during each performance.

As @Dutch Toffee mentioned, I sincerely hope that he can revitalise the club with a few more signings, but I really can't say I truly believe this.

Everybody appears to be simply counting down the days until the end of the season when we've survived; then it will all be better.

But what if next season isn't better? It all boils down to the point that our performances aren't a blip, rather they're the precedent.

It's hard to be confident in somewhen when their decisions and comments are bordering on being deluded.
That's exactly why I said that I really don't know anymore. I desperately want to believe in his philosophy for this club, but the questionmarks keep growing and increasing by the week.

That's the point isn't it?

One bad season and one good so you give him a third to see which is the blip.

He gets one bad season, noone will say he should get 2.

I really don't know anymore. I still desperately want him to succeed here and I'm positive he'll get it right in the summer. A few more of 'his' players and I think we'll be rocking. Big question is, can we afford to give him that time? Current form and lack of fighting spirit in the squad suggests that's a very dangerous move and decision to make. Still think we'll be alright in the end, but there's a massive improvement to be asked of him.

Think that sums up my view exactly.

You know it aint kneejerk when RFUS is putting him to the sword. Completely agree.

The thing is I don't want him sacked, I just think the way it's going, it's a matter of need and not want.

What I want is for him to stop being a stubborn buffoon, and go back to the Bobby of old: proactive substitutions, tactical flexibility, more than one winger playing at any one time....

But all season long he's repeated the same mistakes, with the same results. Crystal Palace and West Brom are 2 points above us. Anyone who thinks sacking a manager who has our squad at his disposal, given that fact, is a kneejerk reaction... well they're being rather silly. It's okay going on about Moyes's 2nd season but look at the squad he had. Second season syndrome, given our players, would be finishing 8th-10th. As it stands we're 11 points off 10th and only 6 off 18th/19th. And we just cannot win games.

At the end of the day, there is no such thing as "too good to go down". It's like saying a Ferrari is too good to lose a bicycle race; when the driver of the car veers head-first into a tree, the bicycles will have no trouble strolling past its flaming wreckage.

Nah, the blame for this season firmly lies with Martinez for me. Negative tactics are strangling us at home and a persistence with players who aren't performing.

So poor performing managers get the sack, and poor performing players are blameless.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back