Martinez: The Reality

Status
Not open for further replies.
5 things that wind me up;

1. Predictability. Martinez's philosophy of mastering a 'Plan A' is admirable. As a manager he believes regardless of circumstance, you persevere with your own philosophy and style. On questioning his lack of 'plan B' recently, Martinez spoke of mastering your own style and if you do that, you'll win more than you lose and be a successful football team. The problem with this is how predictable Everton have become. You'd be naive to thinking Martinez will alter his approach, even when in a relegation struggle with Wigan, he persevered with playing football "the right way"...

2. Balance. Or lack of, particularly in the final third. Too many players are given creative license. How many number tens do we want to play in the same eleven? Mirallas, Barkley, Naismith - interchanging every other minute, naturally central players drifting inward causing;

3. No Width. Is it a coincidence that both our full backs have under performed all season? There's no width ahead of them, with both Coleman and Baines now rarely having an easy option, an easy ball for a 1-2 to progress up the field.

4. Jarg 'tiki taka'. Pointless Possession. Passing without any purpose. No urgency on the ball. No intensity off it.

5. Integrity. His utter BS after every game, taking fans as mugs. He's become a parody of himself.
Absolutely spot on mate

5 things that wind me up;

1. Predictability. Martinez's philosophy of mastering a 'Plan A' is admirable. As a manager he believes regardless of circumstance, you persevere with your own philosophy and style. On questioning his lack of 'plan B' recently, Martinez spoke of mastering your own style and if you do that, you'll win more than you lose and be a successful football team. The problem with this is how predictable Everton have become. You'd be naive to thinking Martinez will alter his approach, even when in a relegation struggle with Wigan, he persevered with playing football "the right way"...

2. Balance. Or lack of, particularly in the final third. Too many players are given creative license. How many number tens do we want to play in the same eleven? Mirallas, Barkley, Naismith - interchanging every other minute, naturally central players drifting inward causing;

3. No Width. Is it a coincidence that both our full backs have under performed all season? There's no width ahead of them, with both Coleman and Baines now rarely having an easy option, an easy ball for a 1-2 to progress up the field.

4. Jarg 'tiki taka'. Pointless Possession. Passing without any purpose. No urgency on the ball. No intensity off it.

5. Integrity. His utter BS after every game, taking fans as mugs. He's become a parody of himself.

Yep that's a hole in one right there.

The whole positivity thing after these games i hope he's just putting on a face for the media because if he truly believes these are good performances and we're just unlucky then the expectation he has is much lower than anyone at Everton should expect.

The league doesn't lie, this team is bottom half team based on it's performances all season.

If he came out and said it was jarg he'd put more pressure on himself

It's the way of deflecting attention and keeping morale up. Like mourinho blames everyone but himself

The whole positivity thing after these games i hope he's just putting on a face for the media because if he truly believes these are good performances and we're just unlucky then the expectation he has is much lower than anyone at Everton should expect.

The league doesn't lie, this team is bottom half team based on it's performances all season.

I think he does believe it. As long as he sees his team trying to play the way he believes the game is played, then he considered that a good performance.

It's like I believe that a good performance is better than a fluky result, as it indicates you can get more results in the future, but the difference is what I believe a good performance actually is compared to what Martinez does, because for a performance to be good it has to be effective, even if you don't get the end result in terms of the result.

He's completely deluded.

The worrying thing for me is teams in relegation battles seem to have performances where a certain player does something inexplicable and cost's them the game. We had it today with Seamus who was magnificent today, but shielding the ball on the goal line with a man up in your own penalty area and he tries to turn out of trouble, I'm sure most children playing this weekend wouldn't try that. Put it into the stands for a throw and we get a 0-0 today. Cut out the crap and play the percentages at the back

We're below teams managed this season by :

A combination of Pardew/Carver(Newcastle), Warnock/Pardew(Palace) & Irvine/Pulis(West Brom).

Scary.

We finish 14 this season and we'll wipe 10m to 15m off our transfer budget next season. That's the reality and that's the reason I want him to go as soon as possible. Another season like this and we'll likely to sell our top 5 players to balance the book. All these to have a smiling fraud in our club?

This is exactly the point I have been making about our league placing.

I think he does believe it. As long as he sees his team trying to play the way he believes the game is played, then he considered that a good performance.

It's like I believe that a good performance is better than a fluky result, as it indicates you can get more results in the future, but the difference is what I believe a good performance actually is compared to what Martinez does, because for a performance to be good it has to be effective, even if you don't get the end result in terms of the result.

He's completely deluded.

You do not get points for a good performance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back