Martinez: The Reality

Status
Not open for further replies.
So poor performing managers get the sack, and poor performing players are blameless.

The way the team is set up to play is 100% Martinez. If the players were allowed to go out and play common sense football, you'd see better results in my opinion, so whilst you can blame the players a bit, if you've got the man at the top actively stopping them from playing football, then he's ultimately to blame.

That's the point isn't it?

One bad season and one good so you give him a third to see which is the blip.
The question is whether we can afford (competitively or financially) to see if this season is simply a blip by allowing him a third.

I honestly do not know; only the correct people within the club (executives and the players) truly know how we should measure this season.

The primary concern is that Martinez has shown little capability, or at least flexibility, to adapt to our position this season. It's almost surreal.

Another poor summer and start to the season, and we could find ourselves in another difficult position. This could set back the progress we've made.

I sincerely hope he can turn it around next season, but if the probability of this emerging is too low then maybe he will have to go.

Both are to be blamed. But it's a hell of a lot easier to replace the manager than the entire squad.

Agreed....easier, but maybe not the right or sensible thing to do. Personally I'm as fed up with Howard, Barkley, Barry and Mirallas as I am with Martinez. It's an absolute shitter of a season.....that is unquestionable.

The way the team is set up to play is 100% Martinez. If the players were allowed to go out and play common sense football, you'd see better results in my opinion, so whilst you can blame the players a bit, if you've got the man at the top actively stopping them from playing football, then he's ultimately to blame.
Exactly. Even Rodgers - another who thinks he's Rinus Michels reborn - knew he had to get back to basics and grind a few results, and then slowly work from there.

I honestly believe Martinez would sooner lose than abandon his five a-side principles.

The question is whether we can afford (competitively or financially) to see if this season is simply a blip by allowing him a third.

I honestly do not know; only the correct people within the club (executives and the players) truly know how we should measure this season.

The primary concern is that Martinez has shown little capability, or at least flexibility, to adapt to our position this season. It's almost surreal.

Another poor summer and start to the season, and we could find ourselves in another difficult position. This could set back the progress we've made.

I sincerely hope he can turn it around next season, but if the probability of this emerging is too low then maybe he will have to go.

We finish 14 this season and we'll wipe 10m to 15m off our transfer budget next season. That's the reality and that's the reason I want him to go as soon as possible. Another season like this and we'll likely to sell our top 5 players to balance the book. All these to have a smiling fraud in our club?

If we don't get rid in the close season were in a relegation fight next season
The guy is a one trick pony and everyone has found him out
Maybe Distin and Eto'o were right?

I agree that a good chunk of this squad needs binning, but I very much doubt that Martinez is the man to do it.

We were terrific second half according to this fool. He will take us down if we don't boot him, we were 2 minutes from being beat at home by the bottom club last week ,and have won one in ten. We are shocking sht.

5 things that wind me up;

1. Predictability. Martinez's philosophy of mastering a 'Plan A' is admirable. As a manager he believes regardless of circumstance, you persevere with your own philosophy and style. On questioning his lack of 'plan B' recently, Martinez spoke of mastering your own style and if you do that, you'll win more than you lose and be a successful football team. The problem with this is how predictable Everton have become. You'd be naive to thinking Martinez will alter his approach, even when in a relegation struggle with Wigan, he persevered with playing football "the right way"...

2. Balance. Or lack of, particularly in the final third. Too many players are given creative license. How many number tens do we want to play in the same eleven? Mirallas, Barkley, Naismith - interchanging every other minute, naturally central players drifting inward causing;

3. No Width. Is it a coincidence that both our full backs have under performed all season? There's no width ahead of them, with both Coleman and Baines now rarely having an easy option, an easy ball for a 1-2 to progress up the field.

4. Jarg 'tiki taka'. Pointless Possession. Passing without any purpose. No urgency on the ball. No intensity off it.

5. Integrity. His utter BS after every game, taking fans as mugs. He's become a parody of himself.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back