2017/18 Mason Holgate

Status
Not open for further replies.

Think he’s seriously under-rated, got huge potential. As a CB his height could count against him but on the ball he’s our best CB by an absolute mile (not the hardest task admittedly) and his positioning is only going to get better.

Those Cruyff turns by the way!

Think he’s seriously under-rated, got huge potential. As a CB his height could count against him but on the ball he’s our best CB by an absolute mile (not the hardest task admittedly) and his positioning is only going to get better.

Apparently he’s 6’ 3. Not sure about that myself, unless he had heels on when they measured him.

His size definitely may count against him, though, in terms of weight and strength.

this boy is the new stones. he could be better in the long run. just needs to bulk up a bit but he has all the attributes. his composure under pressure is unreal. Other than the mistake for the pen he was top quality today. we need him and keane to start working as the future first choice partnership.

I think he's been one of our best players this season, in a defense that is knackered. He's a solid centre back, can cover rb and is good on the ball. Shame Keane hasn't settled as him, Keane and Kenny could have the makings of a good future back line.

Absolute quality tonight apart from the penalty. An fair play tom davies looked like he wanted to burst into laughter when he pushed that firminio (sorry if not spelt that correctly but not really that bothered). Least he was going for it. We deffo have a platform to build from though and holgate along with Pickford and McCarthy have to be the first names on the team sheet for me. I’m sure I remember the Barnsley fans being more upset about us signing holgate then stones because they think he is going to be a lot better then stones

Unreal

When he first came into the side I thought he was a good stop gap til we signed a centre half

Wrong, we need to build the defence around this lad and sign him a partner

Sharpest trim in the league as well

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back