2017/18 Mason Holgate

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah but every year is they’re year the deluded fools.

Kids always use words like that now days unfortunately that’s the world we live in.
firmino needs a good smack up the mouth for being a racist scum bag.

The only problem is will probably get away with it because he plays for the RS and holgate will get banned you can just see it coming can’t you?

Of course.

After he scored against them for Burnley they got Andre Gray banned for homophobic tweets he posted years ago. Gray’s tweets were disgusting, but I’m not sure how or why the FA can ban someone for something they posted years ago. Anyway, that’s another subject.

Tagged merseyside police into a tweet of mason being racially abused there. Got a reply basically saying they aren't interested unless Mason or I make a formal complaint.

Is that a joke? They must be too busy trying to find Blues with smoke bombs

Of course.

After he scored against them for Burnley they got Andre Gray banned for homophobic tweets he posted years ago. Gray’s tweets were disgusting, but I’m not sure how or why the FA can ban someone for something they posted years ago. Anyway, that’s another subject.
Think the only thing that may save him is he age he was when he did it unless that gray was around the same age

Tweets using the word “faggot” when he was 15.

Of course in Kopite minds that’s justification for Firmino to racially abuse him.
Also the fact 90% of men in Britain under the age of 20 including myself used homophobic language in school, because it was the norm. Now quite rightly it doesn't seem to be used as much, but when I was 15 it was normal, however it was never acceptable to call a black person the N word.

He doesn’t react to that, he reacts to what was said after that, unfortunately you can’t see what he said because Kenny blocks the camera. Just hope another camera caught it coz I don’t think Holgate would react like that for no reason ;)

The amount of times I've had to repeat this to idiot reds is incredible

Think the only thing that may save him is he age he was when he did it unless that gray was around the same age

I think Gray was a bit older, but yeah, surely they can’t go after someone for using a bit of a bad word when he was 15.

Then again, it seems like exactly the sort of thing the FA would do.

Dont forget what they have said to shearer,and others tonight either,so many idoits around

And i bet you thats what will happen,the holgate part anyway,and if 3 game ban etc [if he did get banned/wouldnt surprise me with the clowns at the FA]it will be the whole month
Yeah, never been a fan of Shearer but threatening his wife an kids because he thought it wasn’t a penalty..........just showing their true colours yet again

If you've seen him be racially abused, make a formal complaint ffs
i thought i had done by making them aware of the tweet?

Mason was tagged in to the whole thing, if he wants to do that i will support him but maybe he doesnt?

I have all the screenshots.

Divvies the lot of them, like Mason Holgate doesn't know the difference between being called a trivial word such as SOB and a racial insult. When was the last time a player tried to the get the attention of a referee for being called a minor swear word. What annoys me about it was the referee just ignored him, which is disgraceful if he heard Firmino make a comment. Why would Holgate risk a sending off touching the referee it wasn't a racial insult? That's what the RS can't answer.

This, basically.

The fact that they've just had a media campaign over the abuse that Rhian Brewster has received - though without ever acknowledging how they acted over Suarez, or how their fanbase acted over Adeyemi - has put them in a bit of a spot here; if Firmino has said what Holgate appears to have claimed he has said then its hard to see how he can continue at the club. You can't be anti-racist, demand that your players be protected from racism, and then have one of your best players racially abuse others.

i thought i had done by making them aware of the tweet?

Mason was tagged in to the whole thing, if he wants to do that i will support him but maybe he doesnt?

I have all the screenshots.

Nope. Since the Macpherson enquiry the police have had a duty to investigate all racist incidents reported to them; tagging them in to a tweet doesn't count as "reporting" but phoning or emailing them does. You can do it here.

For me the most telling thing about the whole incident is that Holgate put his hands on the ref and wasn't sent off for it. Firmino definitely said something out of order and the ref has bottled it by not taking action at the time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back