Transfer Rumour Maxwell Cornet

Status
Not open for further replies.
He's a good player (better than Traore definitely) but how are we going to use him? As a wide forward or wing-back? Left or right? Automatic starter or just a squad option?

£17.5m isn't a huge fee and we definitely need more left-footers for balance but why do I get the sense we're only in for him because other targets haven't worked out? We could have had him weeks ago with that release clause.
Attacking player off either flank or back up striker I think. Or maybe even left wing back if needed.

Cornet's only winning goal for Burnley last season came in their win over Everton. That alone makes me not want to sign him.

I'd rather sign a player that scores 8 crutial winning goals a season than 15 in games we've already won or lost.

So if he scores an equaliser in a game that they eventually went on to win, that doesn’t count?

Cornet's only winning goal for Burnley last season came in their win over Everton. That alone makes me not want to sign him.

I'd rather sign a player that scores 8 crutial winning goals a season than 15 in games we've already won or lost.

I remember that stat about Lukaku where if you took his goals away we would of finished in the same position.

Since he left we haven't reached 7th in the league.

Sorry mate, but this is ridiculous!

ANY goal is 'crucial'. Losing 2-0 - he scores, brings us right back into the game, can also be said if we are losing 3-0.

Any goal that ties the game? First goal of a tight game......come on, Surely.

If you watch Cornet , he doesn't seem ever too get out of breath during a crucial big game, apparently he sucks Tunes during the warm up , because they help him breathe more easily

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back