M'Baye Niang.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wasn't anelka 17 when he came? Plus he was only £500,000. Once he's at us (if he comes) and has trained with the 1st team for a little while if he's good enough he's old enough. Can see him being our second striker.

Not disagreeing with the point per se, but we were damn close to being relegated with teenage Rooney in the team. Doesn't mean that one individual player won't turn out to be a star.
but rooneys talent was so obvious. this boy isnt getting much interest in france and milan dont even want to pay money for him, rather than have him on loan for a season and then make a decision. arsenal was the first team who gave him trail and they are not bothered.

2 million for a Frenchie, wenger wouldnt hesitate. He paid almost 1 million pound for a 17 year school boy in Miyaichi after a trail afterall

How good can he be? He's just been relegated from Ligue 1 and he's 17...

Podolski was also relegated last season, as was Giuseppe Rossi. Would you question how good those players are on the basis they were relegated? As for his age, he is on the young side, but it's not like the club have just bid for him. We've taken him on trial first, and as far as OUR reports suggest (not Arsenal's), he impressed on that trial.

You know, there is such a thing as slipping under the radar?

I dno. We spent the same type of money on Silva, Gueye & Vellios and to be honest, i'm not that keen on any of them apart from Gueye. People bang on about Vellios but i'm not completely convinced by him. I completely agree that we should go out on a limb and sign this guy because the only way we will ever get money is selling first and with our ageing squad, we're running out of assets to sell that can replace.

Think about it, Hibbo, Neville, Distin, Osman and even Cahill (Although gone) need replacing over the next couple of years.

i look forward to signing him, see him looking boss, give the ball away once and then get dropped for neville in some capacity, banished to train one on one with stubbs until hes so terrified of having the ball at his feet he makes claus thomsen look like beckenbauer

seriously though, a scouting system and strong youth policy is the best way for us to close the gap on teams with more financial clout, moyes seems to recognise this in his transfer and general thinking, does he have the bottle to transfer that to his starting line ups and tactics, we will see.

I dno. We spent the same type of money on Silva, Gueye & Vellios and to be honest, i'm not that keen on any of them apart from Gueye. People bang on about Vellios but i'm not completely convinced by him. I completely agree that we should go out on a limb and sign this guy because the only way we will ever get money is selling first and with our ageing squad, we're running out of assets to sell that can replace.

Think about it, Hibbo, Neville, Distin, Osman and even Cahill (Although gone) need replacing over the next couple of years.

Cahill has already been replaced by Naismith. Osman and hibbo won't be retiring anytime soon and i reckon Distin has got more than a year to go. That leaves us with Neville that needs to be replaced and we have already signed Junior for CM and Coleman can play at RB. When you consider that in the last year we got Jelavic, Gibson and Naimith for a grand total of 5 million, it shows you don't need to spend silly money to improve your squad.

Panic over.

but rooneys talent was so obvious. this boy isnt getting much interest in france and milan dont even want to pay money for him, rather than have him on loan for a season and then make a decision. arsenal was the first team who gave him trail and they are not bothered.

2 million for a Frenchie, wenger wouldnt hesitate. He paid almost 1 million pound for a 17 year school boy in Miyaichi after a trail afterall

You really do sound bitter that you seem to have missed out on Niang. Or maybe bitter that you missed out on Mirallas.

Either way, from reports, Arsenal did make a bid after the trial, it was just not enough cash upfront. Wenger is a tightwad that doesn't like opening his wallet wide enough. Could understand if it was Everton, based on our finances, but you consistently sell your best players for 20m

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back