McCarthy to replace Fellaini?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Look, until our media officer Dave Whelan confirms it live on SSN tomorrow, I'm not believing a word of it.

oh for heavens sake when will this end...its driving me nuts.....so much so that I dont give a scooby what happens so long as it happens soon enough for us to get in shape for the ominous looking cardiff game...

I know it's Kenwright but im remaining optimistic. I think he'd be feeling pretty nervous right about now. Really nervous actually.

I've got a felling we are going to get McCarthy or Marrone (£8M), and keep both Baines and Felliani.
We will also loan in a winger Moses, Ince, Ayew etc..

I know it's Kenwright but im remaining optimistic. I think he'd be feeling pretty nervous right about now. Really nervous actually.

I've got a felling we are going to get McCarthy or Marrone (£8M), and keep both Baines and Felliani.
We will also loan in a winger Moses, Ince, Ayew etc..

I'd like to believe that was going to happen, but i just can't. Sorry.

MCcarthy may be alright to cover Gibson if Felli stays - but as a replacement we are in dire trouble the fee is far to low for Felli and far to high for McCarthy!

I rate him ahead of gibson, hes more compased on the ball and better yet he's a lot fitter than gibson.

Ive never sat down for 90 minutes to watch the kid play but if RM wants him then he fits his style and again what he wants from players.

Rumours are fee for felli will rise to £25M. We need to make it start at about that otherwise its a mil here or there if they ever win anything and its fkin useless money.

I honestly rate McCarthy but like ive said, only seen him on MOTD highlights or whatever but hes only 22, pretty sure his legs arent made of glass like Gibson so for me it would be decent.

Supposed to be getting that Marrone on loan but again its a defensive player, were not lacking in the keep ball department were lacking in the put the ball in the net department so i hope theres an attacking player somewhere in the mix.

Still some serious kopite bahviour from our fans though, writing off managers after 2 games and 22 year old players who we havent even signed or kicked a ball for us. Disgraceful tbh

I don't think McCarthy will replace Fellani, if anything he might be brought into replace Osman as his performances has dipped of recent.

Fellani though clearly doesn't suit our new style, we are trying to play fast football now and he isn't that sort of player and never will be. So I expect him to leave with a decent offer (25 mil will do) and then buy someone else, Barry is a good shout but he is getting on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back