McCarthy to replace Fellaini?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Doing the simple things well and on a consistent basis. Not as easy as it looks. Carsley was rightly feted for having those attributes. He might not be a highly creative player but you need to have someone like this in your team.

I honestly think many people have taken leave of their senses if they look at our immobile, clueless midfield and think McCarthy cant bring something to it.

Can't help but think that too mate. Here's another example.

[video=youtube;Utsw1Es7Uh8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Utsw1Es7Uh8[/video]

Watching that video was hard but it showed to me 2 things....

1) We need to patient with RM and his footballing ethics. They played great that day and the way they held the ball was great.

2) McCarthy brought players into the game all over the park...especially the fullbacks. We do need that. Barkley is looking good as playmaker so that wouldnt be his role...his roles is to get the ball back and more importantly to retain possesion.

I love Fellaini but the more i think about RM style and the way McCarthy plays...if we can get him AND have 8-10m left over for another winger/CM / forward...then im all for it.

Doing the simple things well and on a consistent basis. Not as easy as it looks. Carsley was rightly feted for having those attributes. He might not be a highly creative player but you need to have someone like this in your team.

I honestly think many people have taken leave of their senses if they look at our immobile, clueless midfield and think McCarthy cant bring something to it.

Fellaini's stats are vastly superior to McCarthy in every respect.

The point being made, is that losing Fellaini & replacing him with McCarthy would be a huge step backwards.

The point being made, is that losing Fellaini & replacing him with McCarthy would be a huge step backwards.
But then say we get McCarthy and say Marrone or something like that....that's not such a bad deal. Nobody knows how much we would be putting towards McCarthy, he isn't necessarily the only replacement for Fellaini.

But then say we get McCarthy and say Marrone or something like that....that's not such a bad deal.

Aye not too bad, but still kind of bad. Ideally, if we lose Fellaini we first need to replace him with someone as close to equal quality as is available before we look at a backup CM.

Diame, as someone mentioned would be terrible in a midifield 2 for us.

We want to keep possesion and play through the field, not let him stampead his way upto Jelavic!!!

Aye thought the same, didn't see anything whatsoever in that video that made me think we'd benefit from having him.

A six out of ten game at best there like. Gibson plays that role miles better.

Are we seriously rating players based on a p*xy youtube clip, seriously? you cant judge a player unless you've seen (and watched him) play at least half a dozen times, preferably live............get him in I say

best parts of his game seem to me the fact he finds himself good space, something absent from felli and osman in the wba game, he also anticipates well defensively, and well is a very good quick passer, although he doesn't seem to take too many risks and goes high percentage in that regard, as Dave said though i think the people saying hes gash arent talking out their arse, theirs a difference with those saying they think hes worth only so much, that i can agree with, anything into the double figure millions would have me nervous

all over though, if he comes for around 8m and felli stays fantastic business, if felli goes and only 8m or less used to get him in and the rest goes to another cm and other areas that need attention via loan/buys, then i think its decent business also. If we pay 10-15m then he really needs to be able to up his game when in a better side from what he has shown thus far or else were gonna be slightly worse off

But then say we get McCarthy and say Marrone or something like that....that's not such a bad deal. Nobody knows how much we would be putting towards McCarthy, he isn't necessarily the only replacement for Fellaini.

Mccarthy is getting the 8m quoted in various jarg sources, marrone what around 4-5m or thereabouts?, throw in defour to that at like 6-8m and id be happy at the depth wed have in mid this year IF felli went, if he stays then any of those three would be ideal to add depth to what we have already, and get a forward in on load from city or chelsea, Guidetti, or lukkaku or anyone whose fell out of favour t a money club, world up year so more likely to be up to move for games

What are they?

Overall, he can replace Fellaini. He's 22 and flexible enough to play in a variety of formations. I think we'll regret the day we let this lad go elsewhere if we do. He has enormous potential and his best right now is good enough to slot into our midfield.

I'm not a football scout, mate. But its simple really, if you lose a player that's important to your first team, you try to replace him with someone just as good.
Not necessarily. If you spread talent around the midfield then it still would constitute strengthening surely?

I'm not a football scout, mate. But its simple really, if you lose a player that's important to your first team, you try to replace him with someone just as good.

thing is mate, with martinez changing the way we fundamentally play already a bit, dont you think fellis role in the team is a little bit uncertain atm, hes not a distributor, not a holding type, doesnt seem massively suited to a quick passing game so a player s good as him isnt maybe the point as a player who overall is better in the system that we will play than he is, kinda a tricky one i know

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back