Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Messymascot's faith in humanity and ginger safe haven

Good morning all. It's a lovely bright breezy day here. I've got my potatoes ready to plant at the weekend. First early crop apparently. I'm.guided by daughter's bf on these things - he's well into growing veg. The sweet peas I planted in a propogator are coming through. I'm really proud of these - they are the grandchildren of a pack of seeds we got given in work as a well- being initiative. I think.we need to invest in a greenhouse this year.
Now for some diva like cat news. She has a very fixed routine when I'm working. She sits with me for a couple of hours then takes herself off to bed - usually our bed for the day. She hates Wednesdays because I'm not in work so don't get up so early. This morning to her horror, not only was I not at work but Mr F was still in bed. Much scratching, miaowing and clawing of the bed until.Mr F got up thinking she wanted to be out. Not a chance- straight into ' her' spot right were he had been lying. Animals are far from dumb!

Have a good day all.
You do know it’s not your cat don’t you ? … you are it’s humans and you need to toe the line

Pretty crap weather today. Heavy rain but very mild.

Not too bothered as I did loads of gardening over the weekend and we despearately need the rain.

Remember I said that Mrs J said we/I would dig out the foundations for the new patio in front of the summerhouse ? Yeah well vitrtually all done. Just 1ft x 12ft to go - should have that polished off sometime this week when the weather allows which is just as well as the new summerhouse arrives on Thursday and patio being laid this time next week.

So, off to the gym for me and then a bit of rest I think. Mum is getting steadily worse and becoming ever more reliant on us so we are in a routine where me and Mrs J share the chores. Not fun but has to be done.

Hope you are all well.
Sorry about your mum mate. But at her age, it was going to happen at some stage. On the positive side at least you are in a position to care for her yourselves. It may be worth considering bringing in some help to deal with some of the chores. In my experience the people (mainly women) are dedicated and very caring. It just takes some of the burden off you and Mrs J.

Pretty crap weather today. Heavy rain but very mild.

Not too bothered as I did loads of gardening over the weekend and we despearately need the rain.

Remember I said that Mrs J said we/I would dig out the foundations for the new patio in front of the summerhouse ? Yeah well vitrtually all done. Just 1ft x 12ft to go - should have that polished off sometime this week when the weather allows which is just as well as the new summerhouse arrives on Thursday and patio being laid this time next week.

So, off to the gym for me and then a bit of rest I think. Mum is getting steadily worse and becoming ever more reliant on us so we are in a routine where me and Mrs J share the chores. Not fun but has to be done.

Hope you are all well.
You’re doing a great job mate , I honestly completely empathise as despite having siblings looking after my mum sort of fell to me.

I will say I’m really glad you’re going the gym as you need to find a little time for yourself as as much as it “has to be done” and it is in its own way it can be rewarding you HAVE to find a little time for yourself .

You don’t need me to say it but that doesn’t mean you don’t deserve it , to both you and your missus WELL DONE.

Well me walk went to pot, it was a lot colder and windy than I thought so I was going to shorten our walk. then Daisy has done something to one of her paws, I think it may be a glass splinter.

Makes me so angry the state of the streets in this town and Daisy getting something in her paws happens far too regular for my liking.

It's easy to tell when somethings wrong, she goes very withdrawn from her usual happy self, took us ages to walk back home. I can't see anything which is frustrating. :confused:
Poor Daisy. Hope her paw is okay. People are so inconsiderate.

Lovely day outside today so going on a longer trek, have a little walk up the promenade which is a fair distance away, probably bugger my legs up but them's the breaks of trying to be normal. Mornings are getting lighter about 6.20 I noticed it was light out.

Then going to try some Plantastic caramelised onion and sweet potato pasta sauce for lunch.
Amazing the difference two hours can make T

Well me walk went to pot, it was a lot colder and windy than I thought so I was going to shorten our walk. then Daisy has done something to one of her paws, I think it may be a glass splinter.

Makes me so angry the state of the streets in this town and Daisy getting something in her paws happens far too regular for my liking.

It's easy to tell when somethings wrong, she goes very withdrawn from her usual happy self, took us ages to walk back home. I can't see anything which is frustrating. :confused:
Hope Daisy is OK T

Just in Falmouth for a haircut before my trip up to Liverpool. Time for a swift half before my bus turns up.

On the trip out there was a lovely dog with the lady on the seat behind that wanted to introduce himself. It was a big dog with thick curly fur. When I asked if it was a labradoocdle she looked at me like I had 2 heads. It's a Spanish water dog she said.😀

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back