Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Messymascot's faith in humanity and ginger safe haven

You’re doing a great job mate , I honestly completely empathise as despite having siblings looking after my mum sort of fell to me.

I will say I’m really glad you’re going the gym as you need to find a little time for yourself as as much as it “has to be done” and it is in its own way it can be rewarding you HAVE to find a little time for yourself .

You don’t need me to say it but that doesn’t mean you don’t deserve it , to both you and your missus WELL DONE.
Thanks mate

Posted this in the Racing thread earlier but due to Blue's good luck Skybet have kicked my off their site. lol

Well, they haven't exactly kicked me off, but they have withdrawn all special offers and money back/free bets. So I'm pretty pee'd off with them and have decided to take my business elsewhere. My final bet with them is a £5 free bet I earned last week at Cheltenham, and I've put it on a horse running in the 3.35 at Haydock this afternoon. Wish me luck. I'd love to rub their noses in it if I can.;)

Sorry about your mum mate. But at her age, it was going to happen at some stage. On the positive side at least you are in a position to care for her yourselves. It may be worth considering bringing in some help to deal with some of the chores. In my experience the people (mainly women) are dedicated and very caring. It just takes some of the burden off you and Mrs J.
Thanks mate

Hi everyone ,

Just back from a meeting in town. Lovely in there but mighty windy at Pierhead.

That stadium, wow , looks great even from Sandhills with all the crap light industry around it.

Had an enjoyable walk up to the Phil , all I heard was foreign accents. Unfortunately the Phil only had single tickets and not sure that Mrs J would like to sit on her own for a couple of hours - sounded fine to me !

Have a lovely day everyone.

Posted this in the Racing thread earlier but due to Blue's good luck Skybet have kicked my off their site. lol

Well, they haven't exactly kicked me off, but they have withdrawn all special offers and money back/free bets. So I'm pretty pee'd off with them and have decided to take my business elsewhere. My final bet with them is a £5 free bet I earned last week at Cheltenham, and I've put it on a horse running in the 3.35 at Haydock this afternoon. Wish me luck. I'd love to rub their noses in it if I can.;)
Get in. Alnadam comes in at 13-2. Nice little addition to my pot before I draw it all out. No doubt Blue will still claim credit for it.lol

Up yours Skybet. ;)

Something you may learn from Blue in due course is that I have 2 particular traits. One is that I'm obsessively tidy. The second is that I hate waste.

On the latter, I'm trying to empty my fridge before my trip up to Liverpool. I find myself with a couple of limes that I don't know what to use in.
Obvious answer is gin , However do you have any coriander? Lime, chicken , coriander , cumin and a few chilli flakes ;) ! Highly recommended

Well I'm on my second Margarita. I've already been doing the pogo to X-Ray Specs and I've even been singing along to Bonnie Tyler. And worse, tea will take at least a hour in the oven and I have more lime left. Tonight will not end well. Good job I have no work tomorrow.

Identity. Germ free adolescents. "Scrub away scrub away scrub away, the SR way".

Them and Magazine are two of the most underrated bands from that era.

Identity. Germ free adolescents. "Scrub away scrub away scrub away, the SR way".

Them and Magazine are two of the most underrated bands from that era.
Howard Devoto. Saw the Buzzcocks (with him) at Eric's in about 77. Yes I know I was under 18. So where half the audience 😀

Most people were put off by Poly's voice, which I suppose wasn't great in fairness. But musically they were very good. Their album is excellent.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back