Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Messymascot's faith in humanity and ginger safe haven

Nikki introduced me to the beautiful simplicity of country music. Every song is a story. She left me to choose the music for her funeral, (she knew it would be ok), and she had Prettiest Eyes, (Beautiful South), A Thing Called Love, (Johnny Cash), and the original Tammy version of I will always Love You as the farewell.

Its easily mocked, but so what. Its beautiful.

In other news, Antiques Roadshow is from Liverpool later.
Im a fan of the new country musicians especially the guitarists who
are blowing me away Molly Tuttle and Billy Strings to name two

Watching England play after a roll out in my little yellow roadster …7:20 pm here and 26 degrees still
No gin tonight not even a cold beer … something about a hot cup of tea watching England on the telly !

Its been a bit chilly here. But the log burner is lit and firing, England with a beer, Attenborough at 7.00, then Antiques roadshow with a prawn cocktail on a bed of iceburg lettuce and some brown bread. Had worse days Rodney.

I am not a student of the genre, like a Bob Harris is. In my youth it was all about early AC/DC, Zep, Punk, New wave etc etc. Guitar based, basically. I didnt have a disdain for country, but all I knew were the songs that got in the charts.

So when Nik started to open my eyes, or ears, it was brill. Ironically, Bon Scott wrote country style lyrics to the early AC/DC stuff at times.

Nikki introduced me to the beautiful simplicity of country music. Every song is a story. She left me to choose the music for her funeral, (she knew it would be ok), and she had Prettiest Eyes, (Beautiful South), A Thing Called Love, (Johnny Cash), and the original Tammy version of I will always Love You as the farewell.

Lovely choices. Especially Johnny Cash. I love songs that tell stories and country music does it so well. The storytelling is probably why I love Bruce Springsteen. Squeeze are also high on my fave bands list because their music tells stories. Up The Junction being my most favourite.

Lovely choices. Especially Johnny Cash. I love songs that tell stories and country music does it so well. The storytelling is probably why I love Bruce Springsteen. Squeeze are also high on my fave bands list because their music tells stories. Up The Junction being my most favourite.

Ta. The words of the Johnny Cash song just floored me when I played it in the context of Nikki leaving us. Not really given it much thought before. It was perfect.

No mate, it’s not easily mocked. Anything that is a link between the two of you is sacred and will last for at least as long as you do….

Some lovely choices in that music @roydo , I can imagine the impact they made on everyone there and you since , beautiful and emotional.
Some of the modern stuff is really good , don’t know if you’ve heard John Moreland , the fellas voice has something .

I like to think of myself has having a fairly wide musical appetite but I do like the occasional song that tells a story , something very emotive about it . Couldn’t go wrong with any of them , Johnnie cash is something special like.

Good morning all on this snowy day here in Hyvinkää .I am still ploughing through 40 odd pages of posts but I have to say that Fred was the perfect host and I could recommend anyone calling in to be treated as I was ,just don't do the dishes .He cooked for hours each day to serve up some special dishes .A beautiful guy and a pleasure to visit .Thanks Fred .

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back