Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Messymascot's faith in humanity and ginger safe haven

I said at her funeral service that when you were with Nikki, you were never far away from laughter and music. She was very pretty and petite, but could have a turn of phrase that would make a sailor blush!

One Christmas she bought me a record player, cos like many, I had a huge amount of old records, but no turntable. To my utter astonishment, she was word perfect on many AC/DC songs, going back to their first UK album. Wonderful, treasured memories.

When she explained the story behind Prettiest Eyes, (to me it was pleasant ditty), it resonated at the time, (years ago), and was a simple first choice. No doubt she was in heaven, looking down, and telling her Dad, "See Dad, I told you Roydo was a soppy scouse git".

Christ, I dont half ramble at times. Soz.
The memories are what keeps us going until we see them again 💙 My Dad used to take me panning for gold in the mountains, some of the best times!

Nikki sounds like a lovely, awesome lady and a woman I would have liked to have been friends with. :)

They are. 8 years ago, a few weeks before my 50th, she somehow, or maybe I gave her, the contact details for @The Esk and @GrandOldTeam and they arranged a match day at Goodison, and a birthday surprise. It was surreal, Nik and Paul nattering and emailing on her phone and PC; me, sat on this one listening to her giggle with Paul while I was posting him on GOT! Danny couldnt make the match, but a few could, and one of the funniest threads on GOT, (In Mod Central) was a result. @micknick @Groucho @Bruce Wayne will no doubt recall it with affection.
Remember it well mate. Norwich with Unsie as caretaker manager and Mick being his beautiful self.

I said at her funeral service that when you were with Nikki, you were never far away from laughter and music. She was very pretty and petite, but could have a turn of phrase that would make a sailor blush!

One Christmas she bought me a record player, cos like many, I had a huge amount of old records, but no turntable. To my utter astonishment, she was word perfect on many AC/DC songs, going back to their first UK album. Wonderful, treasured memories.

When she explained the story behind Prettiest Eyes, (to me it was pleasant ditty), it resonated at the time, (years ago), and was a simple first choice. No doubt she was in heaven, looking down, and telling her Dad, "See Dad, I told you Roydo was a soppy scouse git".

No need for apologies, love to hear your stories and memories of your lovely Nikki, who obviously had great taste in music, AC/DC and Beautiful South are two of my favourites.

Hello everybody. Funny old day today. Frost this morning followed by bright sunshine and now it's getting chilly again.
The good news is that Mr F has been offered a few weeks work through an agency. There could be a possibility that it will be longer but it's better than nothing.

I need to get my backside into gear regarding healthy eating. I've proper let it slip in the last month or so - the snacking demons are back! No point killing myself in the gym if I ruin it all with crisps and biscuits.
Good news regarding Mr. F. will keep my fingers crossed for a longer contract.

I have segs on my eyeballs reading the last 40 pages ,I will say that the thng that struck me most is the friendliness and compassion that is shown by posters .Sorry but there have been too many posts to comment on and a brief summary is all I can do .Very sad for @Joey66 with the demise of his sister ,more than pleased with the entertainment fred and I provided ,he showed me a hospitality that went above and beyond .
I went to England to see my grandkids -some for the first time and it was fantastic ,in the words of my DIL my youngest Granddaughter had the best day ever when we went to the beach at St Ives and my daughters two were both crying when I left .Memories for ever to be cherished .
Without getting too soppy I have missed posting and missed the affection on here ,the acceptance of each other really is something we can all be proud of and I am sure Karl would be chuffed .
I had a bad cold /flu when I got back but I am over the worst of of it now ,raring to be unleashed on my favourite thread again.

We’re all just glad you managed to escape from Fred’s dungeon tbh, even though he gave you that flu before you got away….great to see you back….

That sort of rambling is why this thread is here mate. No need to apologise.

Good morning all on this snowy day here in Hyvinkää.Great to be posting again .I hope all had a good night and have a better day today .
It was a pleasure reading all those posts yesterday ,we should all be proud ,not a bad word posted in 40 pages .There are always sad bits but the snippets of daily life are what make it special .
In normal coffee shop conversation we would hear about Mr F and his temporary appointment ,the slave driving of his lovely wife whose only concern seems to be that he gets more and more .
Tepid discussions about whose memory is failing whilst recollecting old football memories ,interspersed with the love of two wives that we all seem to know by association thanks to @Barnfred 55 and @roydo .Top this off with lesson in colloquialisms for the benifit of those overseas .I just love it

Morning mascoteers I’m off to the clinic for blood tests today … a 12 mile drive down the coast road …. A very Pretty drive but why 12 miles ? … because that’s where the clinic is that’s recommended by my Spanish medical insurance…. One of the hidden benefits of our ubiquitous NHS
Still I’m in bed irs almost 7;30 am and all I can hear outside is the birdsong so I’ll lie here a minute or two more … hope you all gave a lovely day

Good morning all on this snowy day here in Hyvinkää.Great to be posting again .I hope all had a good night and have a better day today .
It was a pleasure reading all those posts yesterday ,we should all be proud ,not a bad word posted in 40 pages .There are always sad bits but the snippets of daily life are what make it special .
In normal coffee shop conversation we would hear about Mr F and his temporary appointment ,the slave driving of his lovely wife whose only concern seems to be that he gets more and more .
Tepid discussions about whose memory is failing whilst recollecting old football memories ,interspersed with the love of two wives that we all seem to know by association thanks to @Barnfred 55 and @roydo .Top this off with lesson in colloquialisms for the benifit of those overseas .I just love it
It’s a great place this mascoteers thread and all the better for posters like you blue

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back