Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Messymascot's faith in humanity and ginger safe haven

Found a couple of pictures from my Cornish jaunt ,memory isn't too good but I think the descriptions are ,this was the gaol where they kept @Barnfred 55 and Cal after they were caught smuggling gin.View attachment 207556
That's actually one of the NT properties where Cal used to work. A weekend off season will set you back a mere £5k. Sleeps 26 mind. Best views in Cornwall in my unbiased opinion

Ahhh how they make me chuckle
I met a Scottish chap at the clinic this morning and as usual the topic turned to football and tonight’s Scotland Spain match became a topic of warm !!! Debate
He suggested I will be supporting Scotland of course ….
Erm no say I …. When did Scotland ever get behind England in any competition in fact from my recollection they are generally aggressively pro anybody we play
But it’s just banter says he
And so it is says I … y viva can espaga… I sing … the chap changed seats lol
Brilliant.

Hello friends. Love the pictures @blue1948. Hope you sorted your day out @jazzy and managed to fit everything in. Mr F's first day went well. it has rained pretty much all day. I was having a very productive work day and then got an extremely bossy e mail saying that my security clearance had expired....in September 2021! So I sent an equally bossy e mail back telling them that I had been in the Civil Service since 1988 - all bar two years and I have never ever had to renew my security clearance. and why had nobody told me it had expired. So I spent ages filling in a form to become legal again. It could take up to thee months to get it. I could have been a spy all this time! You can't make this stuff up. On happier work news, we finally settled our last year's pay deal so on Friday I get backpay from 1 July onwards. Being a poor public sector worker it won't be life changing but better in my pocket than theirs. :D if Mr F's job pans out I can feel a 2024 holiday booking coming on.

Have a lovely evening guys x

Hello friends. Love the pictures @blue1948. Hope you sorted your day out @jazzy and managed to fit everything in. Mr F's first day went well. it has rained pretty much all day. I was having a very productive work day and then got an extremely bossy e mail saying that my security clearance had expired....in September 2021! So I sent an equally bossy e mail back telling them that I had been in the Civil Service since 1988 - all bar two years and I have never ever had to renew my security clearance. and why had nobody told me it had expired. So I spent ages filling in a form to become legal again. It could take up to thee months to get it. I could have been a spy all this time! You can't make this stuff up. On happier work news, we finally settled our last year's pay deal so on Friday I get backpay from 1 July onwards. Being a poor public sector worker it won't be life changing but better in my pocket than theirs. :D if Mr F's job pans out I can feel a 2024 holiday booking coming on.

Have a lovely evening guys x

Having been through this a few times with being in the defence Industry and working with the Cabinet Office , I believe there are set periods for each level of SC before getting rechecked, and of course breaks in employment also resets it…my last one was redone ten years or so ago, but then I retired, so no idea if it’s still the same…of course if you are a Russian agent it’ll just be re stamped and approved as a matter of course……

Having been through this a few times with being in the defence Industry and working with the Cabinet Office , I believe there are set periods for each level of SC before getting rechecked, and of course breaks in employment also resets it…my last one was redone ten years or so ago, but then I retired, so no idea if it’s still the same…of course if you are a Russian agent it’ll just be re stamped and approved as a matter of course……
Yo Pete.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back