Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Messymascot's faith in humanity and ginger safe haven

They are. 8 years ago, a few weeks before my 50th, she somehow, or maybe I gave her, the contact details for @The Esk and @GrandOldTeam and they arranged a match day at Goodison, and a birthday surprise. It was surreal, Nik and Paul nattering and emailing on her phone and PC; me, sat on this one listening to her giggle with Paul while I was posting him on GOT! Danny couldnt make the match, but a few could, and one of the funniest threads on GOT, (In Mod Central) was a result. @micknick @Groucho @Bruce Wayne will no doubt recall it with affection.
Nikki was a treasure mate, glad to have been able to contribute to your memories. 💙

Morning everyone.
Went over to sort mum out early today ( 7am) "why are you so early ?"she said , well ,........
Having dug out area for the patio I'm now waiting on a delivery of aggregate. Then a delivery of Mrs Js shrubs and then a delivery of some brushes!? Always told her she shouldn't go on the internet when pissed.
Anyway between deliveries I will try to nip to the supermarket for mum's weekly shop and if I can find time I might get to the gym. It's tough being retired.

Good morning all on this snowy day here in Hyvinkää.Great to be posting again .I hope all had a good night and have a better day today .
It was a pleasure reading all those posts yesterday ,we should all be proud ,not a bad word posted in 40 pages .There are always sad bits but the snippets of daily life are what make it special .
In normal coffee shop conversation we would hear about Mr F and his temporary appointment ,the slave driving of his lovely wife whose only concern seems to be that he gets more and more .
Tepid discussions about whose memory is failing whilst recollecting old football memories ,interspersed with the love of two wives that we all seem to know by association thanks to @Barnfred 55 and @roydo .Top this off with lesson in colloquialisms for the benifit of those overseas .I just love it
You can go off people you know!!!🤣🤣🤣

Morning everyone.
Went over to sort mum out early today ( 7am) "why are you so early ?"she said , well ,........
Having dug out area for the patio I'm now waiting on a delivery of aggregate. Then a delivery of Mrs Js shrubs and then a delivery of some brushes!? Always told her she shouldn't go on the internet when pissed.
Anyway between deliveries I will try to nip to the supermarket for mum's weekly shop and if I can find time I might get to the gym. It's tough being retired.
That's not early Jazz. Blue had normally washed the dishes, hoovered and put together a new lawnmower by 7 am.;)

Morning mascoteers I’m off to the clinic for blood tests today … a 12 mile drive down the coast road …. A very Pretty drive but why 12 miles ? … because that’s where the clinic is that’s recommended by my Spanish medical insurance…. One of the hidden benefits of our ubiquitous NHS
Still I’m in bed irs almost 7;30 am and all I can hear outside is the birdsong so I’ll lie here a minute or two more … hope you all gave a lovely day
Good luck with the blood tests. I love hearing the birds singing on spring mornings.

After my drunken escapades over the weekend I had a much quieter night last night. Just the three pints, two large glasses of red, two large G&Ts and 2 limoncello. I feel positively refreshed this morning.

Out with probably my 2 best mates today although one was also at the races on Saturday. Meeting in town at 1pm and there may be 1 or 2 guest appearances throughout the day. Both are good Blues so we'll no doubt be chewing the fat on all things Everton today.. Hopefully we'll also get a commitment to go to Musselburgh races at the end of June. Give me something to look forward to. Probably pop into Dobbies for a bit of stodge this morning.

Hope you all have a good day guys.

Morning everyone.
What size / grade if aggregate are you using jazzy ? Asking for a friend

Ahhh how they make me chuckle
I met a Scottish chap at the clinic this morning and as usual the topic turned to football and tonight’s Scotland Spain match became a topic of warm !!! Debate
He suggested I will be supporting Scotland of course ….
Erm no say I …. When did Scotland ever get behind England in any competition in fact from my recollection they are generally aggressively pro anybody we play
But it’s just banter says he
And so it is says I … y viva can espaga… I sing … the chap changed seats lol

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back