Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Messymascot's faith in humanity and ginger safe haven

Good morning all on this snowy day here in Hyvinkää .I am still ploughing through 40 odd pages of posts but I have to say that Fred was the perfect host and I could recommend anyone calling in to be treated as I was ,just don't do the dishes .He cooked for hours each day to serve up some special dishes .A beautiful guy and a pleasure to visit .Thanks Fred .
Cheers Blue. You're welcome.

It was worth it for the 22 shirts you pressed 😀

Morning all on this sunny if chilly morning. Welcome back @blue1948, good to hear that have returned safely, we’ve missed your daily posts. Hope you had an enjoyable trip. Good on Fred for looking after you too, did Mrs Blue pay the ransom? lol
Day is not quite going as planned as we have been roped into emergency childminding this afternoon. Jessica is in the school concert and wants her Mum to go. We have to look after her sister, off school with a cough. What we’re here for. Have a good day all.💙

Good morning all on this snowy day here in Hyvinkää .I am still ploughing through 40 odd pages of posts but I have to say that Fred was the perfect host and I could recommend anyone calling in to be treated as I was ,just don't do the dishes .He cooked for hours each day to serve up some special dishes .A beautiful guy and a pleasure to visit .Thanks Fred .
Welcome back. Glad you had a good time. We all enjoyed the Two go mad in Cornwall adventures.

I have segs on my eyeballs reading the last 40 pages ,I will say that the thng that struck me most is the friendliness and compassion that is shown by posters .Sorry but there have been too many posts to comment on and a brief summary is all I can do .Very sad for @Joey66 with the demise of his sister ,more than pleased with the entertainment fred and I provided ,he showed me a hospitality that went above and beyond .
I went to England to see my grandkids -some for the first time and it was fantastic ,in the words of my DIL my youngest Granddaughter had the best day ever when we went to the beach at St Ives and my daughters two were both crying when I left .Memories for ever to be cherished .
Without getting too soppy I have missed posting and missed the affection on here ,the acceptance of each other really is something we can all be proud of and I am sure Karl would be chuffed .
I had a bad cold /flu when I got back but I am over the worst of of it now ,raring to be unleashed on my favourite thread again.

Nikki introduced me to the beautiful simplicity of country music. Every song is a story. She left me to choose the music for her funeral, (she knew it would be ok), and she had Prettiest Eyes, (Beautiful South), A Thing Called Love, (Johnny Cash), and the original Tammy version of I will always Love You as the farewell.

Its easily mocked, but so what. Its beautiful.

In other news, Antiques Roadshow is from Liverpool later.
That's wonderful that she introduced you to country music! A lot of people don't give it a chance, it has good and bad just like any other music genre. I listen to mostly country at the moment, but I like all genres.

I had Kenny Rogers songs played at my Dad's funeral, Through the Years and You Decorated My Life. He was a big fan of Kenny's music.

That's wonderful that she introduced you to country music! A lot of people don't give it a chance, it has good and bad just like any other music genre. I listen to mostly country at the moment, but I like all genres.

I had Kenny Rogers songs played at my Dad's funeral, Through the Years and You Decorated My Life. He was a big fan of Kenny's music.

I said at her funeral service that when you were with Nikki, you were never far away from laughter and music. She was very pretty and petite, but could have a turn of phrase that would make a sailor blush!

One Christmas she bought me a record player, cos like many, I had a huge amount of old records, but no turntable. To my utter astonishment, she was word perfect on many AC/DC songs, going back to their first UK album. Wonderful, treasured memories.

When she explained the story behind Prettiest Eyes, (to me it was pleasant ditty), it resonated at the time, (years ago), and was a simple first choice. No doubt she was in heaven, looking down, and telling her Dad, "See Dad, I told you Roydo was a soppy scouse git".

Christ, I dont half ramble at times. Soz.

Good to have you back , made up for you that you had a good vacation

I said at her funeral service that when you were with Nikki, you were never far away from laughter and music. She was very pretty and petite, but could have a turn of phrase that would make a sailor blush!

One Christmas she bought me a record player, cos like many, I had a huge amount of old records, but no turntable. To my utter astonishment, she was word perfect on many AC/DC songs, going back to their first UK album. Wonderful, treasured memories.

When she explained the story behind Prettiest Eyes, (to me it was pleasant ditty), it resonated at the time, (years ago), and was a simple first choice. No doubt she was in heaven, looking down, and telling her Dad, "See Dad, I told you Roydo was a soppy scouse git".

Ramble away. I love hearing you talk about your much loved Nikki. All these memories are things to treasure. 💙🩵

Hello everybody. Funny old day today. Frost this morning followed by bright sunshine and now it's getting chilly again.
The good news is that Mr F has been offered a few weeks work through an agency. There could be a possibility that it will be longer but it's better than nothing.

I need to get my backside into gear regarding healthy eating. I've proper let it slip in the last month or so - the snacking demons are back! No point killing myself in the gym if I ruin it all with crisps and biscuits.

Ramble away. I love hearing you talk about your much loved Nikki. All these memories are things to treasure. 💙🩵

They are. 8 years ago, a few weeks before my 50th, she somehow, or maybe I gave her, the contact details for @The Esk and @GrandOldTeam and they arranged a match day at Goodison, and a birthday surprise. It was surreal, Nik and Paul nattering and emailing on her phone and PC; me, sat on this one listening to her giggle with Paul while I was posting him on GOT! Danny couldnt make the match, but a few could, and one of the funniest threads on GOT, (In Mod Central) was a result. @micknick @Groucho @Bruce Wayne will no doubt recall it with affection.

Firstly doesn’t come across as rambling at all , it’s been a very heartwarming but more importantly even if it did isn’t that what thread us for ? Not that is my place to say that and to reiterate I’ve found your posts a lovely read but I feel this is the exact thread for them .

They are. 8 years ago, a few weeks before my 50th, she somehow, or maybe I gave her, the contact details for @The Esk and @GrandOldTeam and they arranged a match day at Goodison, and a birthday surprise. It was surreal, Nik and Paul nattering and emailing on her phone and PC; me, sat on this one listening to her giggle with Paul while I was posting him on GOT! Danny couldnt make the match, but a few could, and one of the funniest threads on GOT, (In Mod Central) was a result. @micknick @Groucho @Bruce Wayne will no doubt recall it with affection.
Love it!

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back