Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Messymascot's faith in humanity and ginger safe haven

Just heard about Paul O’Grady passing away, sad news seemed like a good guy
I'm sad about this - weird feeling that way about someone you didn't know. Lily Savage was a work of genius - there were many Lilys to be seen in Liverpool. He absolutely nailed the look and the persona. I read his autobiography about his childhood a few years ago and properly laughed out loud. As a Scouser with Irish Catholic heritage it was so relatable. At some points I thought 'did you live in my house and I never noticed you?'

His kindness andlove for animals made me like him even more

Ahhh how they make me chuckle
I met a Scottish chap at the clinic this morning and as usual the topic turned to football and tonight’s Scotland Spain match became a topic of warm !!! Debate
He suggested I will be supporting Scotland of course ….
Erm no say I …. When did Scotland ever get behind England in any competition in fact from my recollection they are generally aggressively pro anybody we play
But it’s just banter says he
And so it is says I … y viva can espaga… I sing … the chap changed seats lol
This aged well F😀

I'm sad about this - weird feeling that way about someone you didn't know. Lily Savage was a work of genius - there were many Lilys to be seen in Liverpool. He absolutely nailed the look and the persona. I read his autobiography about his childhood a few years ago and properly laughed out loud. As a Scouser with Irish Catholic heritage it was so relatable. At some points I thought 'did you live in my house and I never noticed you?'

His kindness andlove for animals made me like him even more
I was shocked to see this and very saddened. He was just a really nice guy and very funny.

An old client owned a TV production company and he sometimes worked with Paul and was a good friend, probably because they were both scousers. I recall him saying that he had a very dodgy heart even back then (must be over 15 years ago). Presume that's how he died.

Having been through this a few times with being in the defence Industry and working with the Cabinet Office , I believe there are set periods for each level of SC before getting rechecked, and of course breaks in employment also resets it…my last one was redone ten years or so ago, but then I retired, so no idea if it’s still the same…of course if you are a Russian agent it’ll just be re stamped and approved as a matter of course……
I also discovered that I had previously been cleared at counter terrorism level - which is waaaay above the requirements for my job. No idea how that came about, its not something I've ever got involved in. Ive always thought HR sort it out.

Woke up to what I believe is my 7th hangover on the run. Think I'm going after a new record. Good catch up with my 2 mates and we finalised plans for a trip to Musselburgh first week in July.

Another full on day today. Meeting Cal's 2 best mates for lunch so it's going to be G&T Wednesday. They're both good fun and the time always goes really quick. Having evening meal with a couple who have been really good mates of ours for around 35 years, and in between I'm having coffee with another old friend of Cals.

It's turning into one goes mad in Liverpool😀

Hi guys. How's things? I've just been to the gym and there was a woman in there who was face timing a man who I assume was her partner the whole time she was there. Very odd. I cant think of anything I'd want to do less than talk to Mr F while I'm the colour of a tomato, sweaty and wobbling the flab. My only conclusion was that they get their kicks by doing this. ' 20 reps' 'Yeah baby!!' If that's the case he clearly got 3 for the price of 1 at one point because Charlotte and I would have been visible in the background!
No plans for today. Have a good one everybody x

Woke up to what I believe is my 7th hangover on the run. Think I'm going after a new record. Good catch up with my 2 mates and we finalised plans for a trip to Musselburgh first week in July.

Another full on day today. Meeting Cal's 2 best mates for lunch so it's going to be G&T Wednesday. They're both good fun and the time always goes really quick. Having evening meal with a couple who have been really good mates of ours for around 35 years, and in between I'm having coffee with another old friend of Cals.

Enjoy. Have loads of fun.

Hi guys. How's things? I've just been to the gym and there was a woman in there who was face timing a man who I assume was her partner the whole time she was there. Very odd. I cant think of anything I'd want to do less than talk to Mr F while I'm the colour of a tomato, sweaty and wobbling the flab. My only conclusion was that they get their kicks by doing this. ' 20 reps' 'Yeah baby!!' If that's the case he clearly got 3 for the price of 1 at one point because Charlotte and I would have been visible in the background!
No plans for today. Have a good one everybody x
Haha. You'll probably end up on YouTube later Anj😀

Don't know how you manage it mate. I was drinking Friday and Saturday night only and I'm still recovering now.

Got myself one of the Everton Way plaques this week. Well I got the family name on it and I really hope I can keep it a secret until our first game at Bramley Moore, just to see their faces.

I love the idea that a little piece of us will be at Everton every day 😀.
I didn't even know what this was until today. One of Cal's mates I was at lunch with has a blue husband and 3 blue sons and they each have one which they have dedicated to family no longer with us. My mates I was with tonight also said they have have one which they have dedicated to her brother who died last year. Think its a brilliant idea.

We give our club a lot of stick at times but there are some things they just do well.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back