Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Messymascot's faith in humanity and ginger safe haven

Remember it well mate.

Funnily enough I'm just having a beer waiting for my fave nephew and his lovely new girlfriend to turn up. Hopefully I'll have as good a time as you obviously have today.

Nice one Fred. It was just nice to spend some time with Maddy, (fave Niece), outside of the "Christening, funeral, wedding" scene. She and Nik had a connection as well, which was nice to refer to. Little things innit?

Been a full on week mate. Not late nights but all dayers. But they've all been with old gits like us. Tonight I'm out with people half my age.😀

Enjoy. I look forward to Antiques Roadshow on a Sunday ffs. Get the burner lit, (done), supper in the oven, (nearly done), 10.00pm is a late one for me.

But as Nik said when she was back home, "Roydo, there are no rulez!" Went down the pub last night, met me Niece today, feel relaxed about not moving for at least 12 months, (was bugging me out), and as Niks Mum, and mine said recently, "Mark, you have been on call for others for 3 years. Give yourself a break."

They are not wrong. And I dont feel guilty about it. Down your way for me Nephews wedding near Truro in Sept. You never know.

Enjoy. I look forward to Antiques Roadshow on a Sunday ffs. Get the burner lit, (done), supper in the oven, (nearly done), 10.00pm is a late one for me.

But as Nik said when she was back home, "Roydo, there are no rulez!" Went down the pub last night, met me Niece today, feel relaxed about not moving for at least 12 months, (was bugging me out), and as Niks Mum, and mine said recently, "Mark, you have been on call for others for 3 years. Give yourself a break."

They are not wrong. And I dont feel guilty about it. Down your way for me Nephews wedding near Truro in Sept. You never know.
Only thing you have to feel guilty for there Roydo is the plug for the Antiques Roadshow.

Sorry to butt in on you both, but nick cave recently wrote this about losing people and it's incredible (he lost two sons in the space of two years)

Sorry to butt in on you both, but nick cave recently wrote this about losing people and it's incredible (he lost two sons in the space of two years)

My God that is so raw and apropos.

That's a beautiful piece of writing.

Hello folks. Update on the security clearance. got an email from our HR - not the Home Office who we fall under and who have been harassing me. Our Hr says - are you applying for SC Clearance? SC is a high level one so the answer was no. HR continued, because if you are only applying for basic you don't need anything to work here. So I'm ignoring everything from now on and waiting for the SWAT team to kick my door down and drag me away from my laptop screaming 🤣 🤣 What a carry on.

It's been a lovely day here, rained a lot this morning but the afternoon was gorgeous. Daughter and bf are going to see son and gf this weekend in Nottingham. I'm so happy that they want to spend time with each other. So it will just be me and Mr F at home. I might suggest a trip to the local pub that has just been re-furbished. No Everton until Monday so weekend will be good. Spurs seem to in as much of a mess as we are - but without relegation looming. Hopefully we can take advantage of this.

Hello folks. Update on the security clearance. got an email from our HR - not the Home Office who we fall under and who have been harassing me. Our Hr says - are you applying for SC Clearance? SC is a high level one so the answer was no. HR continued, because if you are only applying for basic you don't need anything to work here. So I'm ignoring everything from now on and waiting for the SWAT team to kick my door down and drag me away from my laptop screaming 🤣 🤣 What a carry on.

It's been a lovely day here, rained a lot this morning but the afternoon was gorgeous. Daughter and bf are going to see son and gf this weekend in Nottingham. I'm so happy that they want to spend time with each other. So it will just be me and Mr F at home. I might suggest a trip to the local pub that has just been re-furbished. No Everton until Monday so weekend will be good. Spurs seem to in as much of a mess as we are - but without relegation looming. Hopefully we can take advantage of this.
If you do get scooped I will lead the ‘Free the GOT One’ campaign.

Although I do hear Rwanda is beautiful in the Spring.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back