Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Messymascot's faith in humanity and ginger safe haven

Enjoy. I look forward to Antiques Roadshow on a Sunday ffs. Get the burner lit, (done), supper in the oven, (nearly done), 10.00pm is a late one for me.

But as Nik said when she was back home, "Roydo, there are no rulez!" Went down the pub last night, met me Niece today, feel relaxed about not moving for at least 12 months, (was bugging me out), and as Niks Mum, and mine said recently, "Mark, you have been on call for others for 3 years. Give yourself a break."

They are not wrong. And I dont feel guilty about it. Down your way for me Nephews wedding near Truro in Sept. You never know.
If you fancy a meet up mate, just PM me. We'll sort something out.

2 go mad in Cornwall part 2😀

Sorry to butt in on you both, but nick cave recently wrote this about losing people and it's incredible (he lost two sons in the space of two years)

Yeah. Pretty much sums it up mate.

I lost my 2 best mates within 4 months less than 2 years ago. My brother closely followed by my wife of 30 years. I don't think there's an hour goes by that something doesn't remind me of one of them. Could be a song or a TV programme or just something somebody says or does.

But it's not all sad. The vast majority of memories are good ones and if you focus on them it makes life a lot easier. I've had a good day today. A very good day. Life goes on.

I can’t remember the last time I was asleep at 11.00pm, or indeed 2.00am, 3.00am or even 6.00am. I’m in a permanent state of tiredness at the moment listening out for my wife…..
I spent the second week of my time back in the UK with my uncle who cared for my aunt when she had dementia . He said the thing that help him cope was the respite offered by the carers .A day off here and there when it started to be hard for him ,I urge you to take them when offered and not too late to help .
His journey was many years and he has wonderful memories from the time but we all need help as he did. Stay strong that man,don't stay awake .

Sorry to butt in on you both, but nick cave recently wrote this about losing people and it's incredible (he lost two sons in the space of two years)

My turn to butt in. I seem to remember you saying that a favourite pub of yours was The Chequered Skipper. I saw that it has recently closed, sad news.

I just got around around to reading that this morning and have now read it three times. Such thought provoking words to start my day.

I haven’t really been into Nick Cave but will be delving deep over the weekend.

Cheers @coollino

Good morning everyone,
Another day dawn's and soon it's the weekend and all of you unfortunate enough to have to get up for your 9 to 5 ( yes that's you @anjelikaferrett ) will soon be able to relax and enjoy themselves.
So, what does today bring ? Well fingers crossed it stays dry and the summerhouse patio guys can finish off. Mrs J is off to the rescue shop to find some stuff to sell at our Spring Fair - Lydiate Village Hall Sunday @ 1pm , I will be on the gate greeting everyone with a cheery smile and "where's your money!" - leaving me to look after mum , do her housework, our housework and cook the tea ( Chinese) . Now what did I say about how great retirement is?
Have a lovely day everyone.

Good morning everyone,
Another day dawn's and soon it's the weekend and all of you unfortunate enough to have to get up for your 9 to 5 ( yes that's you @anjelikaferrett ) will soon be able to relax and enjoy themselves.
So, what does today bring ? Well fingers crossed it stays dry and the summerhouse patio guys can finish off. Mrs J is off to the rescue shop to find some stuff to sell at our Spring Fair - Lydiate Village Hall Sunday @ 1pm , I will be on the gate greeting everyone with a cheery smile and "where's your money!" - leaving me to look after mum , do her housework, our housework and cook the tea ( Chinese) . Now what did I say about how great retirement is?
Have a lovely day everyone.
Surely after all those endeavours jazzy you could order in a Chinese and skip the cooking?

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back