Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Messymascot's faith in humanity and ginger safe haven

Good morning all except @Barnfred 55 as he will still be asleep. I hope all had a great sleep and have a fine day today .The weather is bright and beautiful here and no snow forecast in the next ten days .Starting to itch over the match ,it is Spurs and they have some great players . COYB
The question du jour?

On a scale of 1-10 , how bad is Fred's headache this morning?

I'm going for an 8.

A manageable 6 on awakening but rising to a potential 8.5 within 2 hours.

It’s the hope..

A solid 7 may increase if he's still a bit bevvied when he wakes up.
Ha ha. I guess that's another Je suis Fred. Times 4

My turn to butt in. I seem to remember you saying that a favourite pub of yours was The Chequered Skipper. I saw that it has recently closed, sad news.

Yes, I saw. one of those situations where the landlord of the building wanted more rent than they were willing to pay and now the landlord is getting....nothing.

when will they learn. the locals are very unhappy apparently. lovely spot in the summer.

Surely after all those endeavours jazzy you could order in a Chinese and skip the cooking?
Good idea but I live pretty much in the middle of nowhere so will have to pop out for a takeaway ( nearest is about 5 miles away ) and that would interupt the drinking / delay my drinking ( drinking and driving strictly verbotten) so I will have to cook as the lesser of the two evils.

I can’t remember the last time I was asleep at 11.00pm, or indeed 2.00am, 3.00am or even 6.00am. I’m in a permanent state of tiredness at the moment listening out for my wife…..
I can only imagine what you are going through Pete. I met up with my friend yesterday who's dementia is quite progressed. He was out with his son when I arrived so got a chance to speak to his wife alone for a while. I could see the difference in her since I saw her last 6 months ago. Lack of sleep is one of her main issues plus my friend is at the aggressive stage. You realise that this awful illness affects a lot more than just the patient. Feel for you mate.

I can’t remember the last time I was asleep at 11.00pm, or indeed 2.00am, 3.00am or even 6.00am. I’m in a permanent state of tiredness at the moment listening out for my wife…..
Pete, I feel for you. Lack of sleep is really hard. You have to take care of yourself though because if you don’t, you won't be able to look after your lovely wife. Could you look into getting somebody to sleepover for a couple of nights a week so you can get some rest? Would your wife be OK with that? My father in law had dementia. He had carers coming in and making meals but absolutely refused to let anyone bath or shower him except Mr F - who actually has the patience of a saint and used to do all his Dad's personal care.
Thinking of you x

Not even sure they do deliver to my village Fred. A localish Indian ( now gone bust ) used to but the food arrived cold and about an hour late so we gave up on that. Do you get deliveries to your gaff in Cornwall ?
You can do but obviously have to pay because of the distance. I ordered a curry once which was enough for two nights meals. But I realised that my curries are just as nice and I enjoy cooking them too. So never seen the point since.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back