Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Messymascot's faith in humanity and ginger safe haven

Aye I need at least one successful team in my life . Although in fairness when I got my first season ticket they weren’t the best.

I genuinely just love watching the game , I can’t believe it isn’t ridiculously popular . Anyway , we managed a nice win and hopefully it’s the first of two this weekend !
I've a massive soft spot for it too My first job was in Warrington hospital. My colleagues were all League mad All the Monday match chat was about Saints, Widnes and Warrington. It's a great game.

Aye I need at least one successful team in my life . Although in fairness when I got my first season ticket they weren’t the best.

I genuinely just love watching the game , I can’t believe it isn’t ridiculously popular . Anyway , we managed a nice win and hopefully it’s the first of two this weekend !

It is a great game yet somehow non mainstream. I used to watch Wigan whenever I got a chance and enjoyed taking one of my kids to St Helens where the guy on the gate said just lift him over the turnstile. Different days…..

It is a great game yet somehow non mainstream. I used to watch Wigan whenever I got a chance and enjoyed taking one of my kids to St Helens where the guy on the gate said just lift him over the turnstile. Different days…..
Superb .

don’t get me wrong I love footy but certainly these days my relationship with it is strained , however it’s just part of my life . The rugby is something that genuinely gives me enjoyment, often isn’t result based .

As you say it’s amazing it’s not mainstream, everyone I’ve taken to watch it has absolutely loved it . Something I really love is how the players are with fans , particularly kids . They always have time to chat , have photos and even give little impromptu training advice or tips . I don’t think I’ve ever seen one rush away . Something footballers could take note of

Superb .

don’t get me wrong I love footy but certainly these days my relationship with it is strained , however it’s just part of my life . The rugby is something that genuinely gives me enjoyment, often isn’t result based .

As you say it’s amazing it’s not mainstream, everyone I’ve taken to watch it has absolutely loved it . Something I really love is how the players are with fans , particularly kids . They always have time to chat , have photos and even give little impromptu training advice or tips . I don’t think I’ve ever seen one rush away . Something footballers could take note of

Rugby, both codes, has a different feel and atmosphere to football. Far more family based and friendly. My wife and I had season tickets for a long time at Leicester Tigers, which she loved, where you don’t even see a Policeman and of course had regular visits to Twickenham. I loved GP and it’s atmospheric feel, but with my brothers not my wife… overprotective probably….

Hi folks. Hope your Saturday is going well. Man City have brightened up the Evertonian day. It isn't warm here...again! We've got the heating on....again!. I've decided to go to the gym tomorrow, on my own without the daughter. I'll do some cardio and listen to some 80s tunes to keep me going. I've also just arranged a lunch date with my gay friends on Wednesday. They've not long come back from a cruise around South America. It's the last one of their re-arranged COVID cancelled cruises. Their photos looked absolutely amazing. I may have to add South America to the bucket list. Mr F and I are having burgers and hot dogs for tea - his choice. Living the dream! We bought some proper German frankfurters in LIdl last night. To add to the international flavour I've also got some Spanish hot chocolate to go with the churros I bought ages ago. Could be a good night 🤣

Hope you're OK @Terrarian . How much longer left in Liverpool @Barnfred 55 ?

Hi folks. Hope your Saturday is going well. Man City have brightened up the Evertonian day. It isn't warm here...again! We've got the heating on....again!. I've decided to go to the gym tomorrow, on my own without the daughter. I'll do some cardio and listen to some 80s tunes to keep me going. I've also just arranged a lunch date with my gay friends on Wednesday. They've not long come back from a cruise around South America. It's the last one of their re-arranged COVID cancelled cruises. Their photos looked absolutely amazing. I may have to add South America to the bucket list. Mr F and I are having burgers and hot dogs for tea - his choice. Living the dream! We bought some proper German frankfurters in LIdl last night. To add to the international flavour I've also got some Spanish hot chocolate to go with the churros I bought ages ago. Could be a good night 🤣

Hope you're OK @Terrarian . How much longer left in Liverpool @Barnfred 55 ?
Last night tonight Anj. Nephew took me to Springwood this morning where I caught up with Cal and my brother. Seeing him again tonight with his mum and also my brothers daughter and her husband. Staying over at Manchester Airport tomorrow where I'm meeting up with another nephew who is flying home to Poland and has 6 hours to kill.

The airline haven't sorted out my hotel yet which is starting to diss me off. Luckily I've had a quiet day today so have had time to put a rocket up their arse.

@peteblue hoping your night is calm and you get some shut eye.

@Terrarian hope you are good man. BAFTA game awards, what was your take?

Evening @Vegas Toffee Girl, hope a nice night ahead.
Thank you, it was a nice, quiet evening! Hope your evening went well :)

It's funny, when I am on the forum late my time, I know it's time for bed when @blue1948 posts "Good Morning" to everyone. lol

Last night tonight Anj. Nephew took me to Springwood this morning where I caught up with Cal and my brother. Seeing him again tonight with his mum and also my brothers daughter and her husband. Staying over at Manchester Airport tomorrow where I'm meeting up with another nephew who is flying home to Poland and has 6 hours to kill.

The airline haven't sorted out my hotel yet which is starting to diss me off. Luckily I've had a quiet day today so have had time to put a rocket up their arse.
Hope you get your hotel sorted. Springwood is a nice place as much as cemeteries can be. My Mum and auntie are buried there. Enjoy your last night.

Rugby, both codes, has a different feel and atmosphere to football. Far more family based and friendly. My wife and I had season tickets for a long time at Leicester Tigers, which she loved, where you don’t even see a Policeman and of course had regular visits to Twickenham. I loved GP and it’s atmospheric feel, but with my brothers not my wife… overprotective probably….
By GP do you mean Goodison?

I admit to being a bandwagon supporter of Ireland rugby but sure why not, we are a party people.

I would love to have tried rugby but never got the opportunity. In the North to this day it’s only mainly Protestant schools play rugby. South of the border it’s much more open.

By GP do you mean Goodison?

I admit to being a bandwagon supporter of Ireland rugby but sure why not, we are a party people.

I would love to have tried rugby but never got the opportunity. In the North to this day it’s only mainly Protestant schools play rugby. South of the border it’s much more open.

Yes I meant Goodison.

I never played Rugby nor really understood it until I was sent to South Wales and married my wife, lived in the valleys and became a member of the local Rugby club. My father in law knew the game inside out and lived for Welsh Rugby during those halcyon years. Even then I was really only football even though I watched a lot of Rugby. It was many years later that I truly appreciated the game and enjoyed the family experience. Sometimes it takes a while to understand and appreciate different sports….

Good morning all on this mild and bright day here in Hyvinkää .Once again not much happening here as we try to throw off the remains of our colds .No walking in minus temperatures but we have started to sauna every day again and sit outside for a while .This is the time of limbo here as we cannot do much other than prepare for the change in weather ,it would be great to start getting out again ,I am sure it will be within the next few days . On the footie front a great result for City .COYB
The way the press are reporting ! What has happened to the Ritchie and Gordon monies if we still lost so much ?

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back