Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Messymascot's faith in humanity and ginger safe haven

Good morning all or good night VTG .I hope all are well and have a fine day /night. I was never good at ball sports but OK at Snooker ,I played of -7 if that still applies but with ball sports the distance from my brain to my foot/hand was far too great .COYB
It is still early here I have just realised that snooker is played with balls but you know what I meant .

Good morning all or good night VTG .I hope all are well and have a fine day /night. I was never good at ball sports but OK at Snooker ,I played of -7 if that still applies but with ball sports the distance from my brain to my foot/hand was far too great .COYB
It is still early here I have just realised that snooker is played with balls but you know what I meant .
Morning Blue. Yes it really is me up at this ungodly hour. I knew it was a mistake to agree to the change to my flight time.😀

Hi All!

I also have a huge love of sports, but unfortunately I was only good in tetherball and dodgeball lol and you can't go too far in those sports! I did like playing volleyball, but I got so bruised when playing that I decided to stop. I have tried tennis and golf and get better when I practice which is pretty much never. lol

I think the "sports gene" skips generations, because both my parents were very good at sports, my Dad was even scouted by the Detroit Tigers when he was playing baseball in high school. My son is great in any sport he plays Right now he is doing trampwall which he has done since age 7.

Even tho I have no sports skills, I absolutely enjoying watching sports which started with baseball and includes most American sports. I don't know much about cricket or rugby, but there is still time. :)
I'm.exactly the same. No skill but I love watching most sports. Some of them I just marvel at the levels of fitness required and/or the skill needed to perform at such a high level. The bike races like The Tour de France blow my mind. Cycling up mountains and crazy distances every day for weeks is insane.

I'm.exactly the same. No skill but I love watching most sports. Some of them I just marvel at the levels of fitness required and/or the skill needed to perform at such a high level. The bike races like The Tour de France blow my mind. Cycling up mountains and crazy distances every day for weeks is insane.
Absolutely spot on Anj. My dad was a racing cyclist ( a very good amateur) and I tried some of his training and where he cycled. My God it was far , far too tough for me.
Those guys are incredibly fit.

Morning all. Bright and chilly here after a frost last night. Off to town this morning to get my wedding ring removed. The knuckle in my ring finger is painful and swollen after the last few weeks of damp and cold. YouTube offered various ways of removing a ring from a swollen finger, none of which were successful and some downright painful. Have taken the decision to have the ring cut off and after forty odd years it’s going to feel a bit odd. If you ask me Mr G. was a bit too keen to say that we probably wouldn‘t be married any more. lol
Hope you are okay @Terrarian. Safe journey @Barnfred 55 , happy landings.
Have a good day, all.💙

Morning all. Bright and chilly here after a frost last night. Off to town this morning to get my wedding ring removed. The knuckle in my ring finger is painful and swollen after the last few weeks of damp and cold. YouTube offered various ways of removing a ring from a swollen finger, none of which were successful and some downright painful. Have taken the decision to have the ring cut off and after forty odd years it’s going to feel a bit odd. If you ask me Mr G. was a bit too keen to say that we probably wouldn‘t be married any more. lol
Hope you are okay @Terrarian. Safe journey @Barnfred 55 , happy landings.
Have a good day, all.💙
Perhaps have the ring put through his nose for his downright impertinence .

Hello all. It was -3 this morning with frost and then turned into a glorious spring afternoon. I've got an interview next week for another post in our place. Still the same grade but it sounds like an interesting job. If I got it I would be managing the Fraud team - investigating the people we have barred but who are attempting to carry on working with children or vulnerable adults. I'm not bothered if I don't get it because I like the job I'm doing so win win both ways!

I'm very worried about tonight, It's so close at the bottom, a win could take us up to about 13th. We need something. It's going to be like this until the end of the season. I'm also hoping Man Utd's current blip continues until next week.

Just watched Simon Reeves return to Cornwall. Very hard hitting and at times harrowing, but an absolutely brilliant watch if you haven't seen it. There are so many TV programmes about Cornwall that show it as an idyllic place, which it is. But this focused on the poverty and the housing crisis down here, which I've commented on a few times in here.

I love Simon Reeves. He's such a good TV presenter.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back