Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Messymascot's faith in humanity and ginger safe haven

Morning everyone ,

In all the circumstances a great point last night but could and should have been more but for a moment of madness from Doucoure. Yes of course Kane is a cheating rat but you can't do what Doucoure did.

Anyway been a crazy and upsetting few days. Mum's has no appetite and more or less refuses to eat and all last week had constant diarrhea. She has lost 6kgs in just 3 weeks.

So been in and out of the Drs and waiting on various tests ( for bowel cancer). Didn't envisage scrapping excrement into a test tube after my legal career , but there you go. Back to the hospital for a chest X ray today ( checking for secondaries ?) and more blood tests tomorrow. It's upsetting for me but what mum is thinking god only knows. She's very stoical and says she's had a great life - so you can imagine my reaction.

Took the latest lot of samples to the GP last night only to be told the clinic had been cancelled and therfore no collection to hospital so I either had to take it into hospital myself or redo the samples. Went to the hospital and contrary to what I was told the path lab was shut. Needless to say I created and made sure that someone opened up to receive them.

Them got home to find the bolier wasn't working - no hot water and no bloody bath. I've had better days!

Anyway the summerhouse patio has been done and I reshaped and planted of the border and I'm pleased with the result.

Have a lovely day.

Morning everyone ,

In all the circumstances a great point last night but could and should have been more but for a moment of madness from Doucoure. Yes of course Kane is a cheating rat but you can't do what Doucoure did.

Anyway been a crazy and upsetting few days. Mum's has no appetite and more or less refuses to eat and all last week had constant diarrhea. She has lost 6kgs in just 3 weeks.

So been in and out of the Drs and waiting on various tests ( for bowel cancer). Didn't envisage scrapping excrement into a test tube after my legal career , but there you go. Back to the hospital for a chest X ray today ( checking for secondaries ?) and more blood tests tomorrow. It's upsetting for me but what mum is thinking god only knows. She's very stoical and says she's had a great life - so you can imagine my reaction.

Took the latest lot of samples to the GP last night only to be told the clinic had been cancelled and therfore no collection to hospital so I either had to take it into hospital myself or redo the samples. Went to the hospital and contrary to what I was told the path lab was shut. Needless to say I created and made sure that someone opened up to receive them.

Them got home to find the bolier wasn't working - no hot water and no bloody bath. I've had better days!

Anyway the summerhouse patio has been done and I reshaped and planted of the border and I'm pleased with the result.

Have a lovely day.
So sorry to read you are having such a horrendous time at the moment.We had a similar experience with my Mum re the refusal to eat. She would insist on it being mealtime despite having only had the previous meal placed in front of her about an hour or so before. Having got it she would say she wasn’t hungry but on being cajoled into trying to eat something she would put the food in her mouth, chew, then pretend to wipe her mouth and spit the food into her tissue when she thought we weren’t looking. Drove us round the bend. Hope you get some good news re the tests and boiler fixed.Sending thoughts and good wishes.💙

Morning everyone ,

Have a lovely day.
Really sorry to hear about your mum Jazz. Not surprised she's being stoical, it's absolutely typical of that age group.

The next week or so are going to be very hard for you waiting for the prognosis. You'll be in my thoughts mate.

I actually followed the game on my phone last night whilst catching up on some of my TV shows. I'm actually more upbeat given the endeavour we've been showing under Dyche, but did fear the worst after the sending off.

Not in the slightest surprised by that Keane finish though. He does it all the time in the training videos. Given the striker problem we have I don't think it would be the worst shout to give him a try up front whilst we're waiting for Dom to get fit. Hope Garner gets a run out whilst Doucoure is out..

Morning everyone ,

Have a lovely day.
Sorry to hear you are having such a rough time at the moment. The generation your Mum is from are a tough bunch but also philosophical. If it makes you feel any better about the 'had a great life' comment here's a recent conversation I had with my Dad. My nephew is getting married next year. His partner is from Northern Ireland and the wedding will be in Northern Ireland. (As an aside partner's Auntie Mary is Mary Robinson former President of Ireland. I hope I get to sit next to her at the do!) Anyway Dad was telling me that nephew had asked him would he travel for the wedding. ' I asked him when it was. He said August next year. I told him to ask me nearer the time - I might not even be here by then.' Yeah OK Dad.
Will be thinking of you - you're a great son.I can't see my two ever scraping poo into a jar for me🤣!

Hope the boiler gets fixed soon too x

Good morning all. Frosty again this morning but the sun is now shining. I love these spring days. I've noticed my favourite tree at the bottom of our garden has got buds on so it's a vague shade of green until the leaves open.

What a game that was last night. Dyche has given those players a backbone. And lovely to see the fuss they all made of little Harry. As for the other Harry- Kane. I've never ever liked him. He's sly and dirty. Have you ever watched the way he backs into defenders who have jumped into the air. He's going to cause a serious injury to someone. Went down like a sack of spuds but I agree Doucoure gave him the opportunity.

Have a good day all.

Morning all, bright and sunny here after another frost last night. The jeweller was unable to remove my wedding ring due its width and thickness. Well I think she meant the ring and not me! Her only suggestions were the hospital or fire brigade who I’m sure have better things to do, so had to give it another try ourselves. After about 30 minutes using pack of frozen peas, Fairy liquid, cooking oil and pain finally got the damn thing off. I’m sure there are members of the government who pay handsomely for the experience lol.
Have a good day all.💙

Good morning all. Frosty again this morning but the sun is now shining. I love these spring days. I've noticed my favourite tree at the bottom of our garden has got buds on so it's a vague shade of green until the leaves open.

What a game that was last night. Dyche has given those players a backbone. And lovely to see the fuss they all made of little Harry. As for the other Harry- Kane. I've never ever liked him. He's sly and dirty. Have you ever watched the way he backs into defenders who have jumped into the air. He's going to cause a serious injury to someone. Went down like a sack of spuds but I agree Doucoure gave him the opportunity.

Have a good day all.
If your ring was that tight H (I meant the wedding one obviously) it couldn't have been doing your circulation any good. So removing it was definitely the way to go.

But can I suggest that you get it resized ASAP cos you don't want to be giving Hagar any encouragement. You know what he's like😀

Have a good day all.
I think everybody should have an aunty Mary. I had two.😀

If your ring was that tight H (I meant the wedding one obviously) it couldn't have been doing your circulation any good. So removing it was definitely the way to go.

But can I suggest that you get it resized ASAP cos you don't want to be giving Hagar any encouragement. You know what he's like😀
There's nothing tight about my ring!! Wrong person. You're clearly still hungover🤣🤣

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back