Messymascot's faith in humanity and ginger safe haven

Good morning all.After yesterday's adventures today I went to the gym after I dropped Mr F off at work. There was a very easy on the eye young lad running on one of the treadmills wearing shorts and very little else. Lots of well defined muscles on display. I cant deal with that much excitement at 7.30 in the morning! At my age it could bring on a coronary.
Also Mr F's two week contract has been extended by a further two weeks so that's good news.

Good morning all.After yesterday's adventures today I went to the gym after I dropped Mr F off at work. There was a very easy on the eye young lad running on one of the treadmills wearing shorts and very little else. Lots of well defined muscles on display. I cant deal with that much excitement at 7.30 in the morning! At my age it could bring on a coronary.
Also Mr F's two week contract has been extended by a further two weeks so that's good news.
Can't help noticing that you wrote 6 lines describing the fit young bod at the gym and only 2 on Mr F's job extension 😀

Glad your Mum's tests was negative @jazzy . That must be a huge relief to you.

I've had an interesting 'aged parent' day. Was doing my usual Wednesday morning at 8.30 am thing i.e in bed with a coffee, the cat on the end of the bed, catching up on the variety of animals I follow on Instagram ( two chocolate labradors, a tortoise and a pig if you need to know!) Anyway my phone goes 'Dad Mobile' it says. He NEVER rings me. 'Hi Dad are you OK?' 'um not really I've got a bit of a problem' His problem was that he had taken his car for a service at the garage not far from his house (ATS garage Aigburth Road for the South Liverpool posse :D ) He had used his spare car key and forgotten to pick up his other keys with his house key on so he was locked out. My brother went to Ibiza for a week yesterday so guess who is the only person with a spare house key? Halfway to Liverpool my nephew rings. He had called round to see my Dad and got no answer 'Do you know where Grandpa is?' He had roped his two brothers into a missing persons search for Grandpa, been to all his known places: supermarket, cemetery, doctors, church, even rang the Royal to see if he had been admitted. I told them where he was, one of them who is on leave from his RFA job, went to get him and took him to the Toby carvery for breakfast while they waited for me.
All is now well, I'm back home, Dad is furious with himself for being such a numpty, I got a withering stare when I said 'Don't worry Dad, I do dumb stuff like this all the time' He is also re-thinking his spare key allocation and one of the nephews is getting one.

The journey home was awful, Solid traffic, accidents, roadworks, rain. I felt like I was in a traffic jam from Warrington to Leeds. Took me over 4 hours - but that did include an M62 Hartshead Moor Service station stop for a very late breakfast/early tea Burger King.

You’re a good daughter…..

Just had the neighbours around for coffee. Haven't seen the wife for about 5 weeks so it was a nice catch up with her. They've invited me around for lunch on Easter Sunday (which the daughter is hosting in her house so an even shorter walk home) and also arranged with rob to go out for another drive and some lunch next Tuesday.

Absolutely beautifully sunny and warm down here today. Luckily remembered that it's Good Friday tomorrow so popped up to the local shop to pick up my posh sausages and also some bacon for my lunch. Having a meat free day tomorrow so making up for it today. lol

Hope you all have a great Easter weekend. The forecast down here up until Sunday is very good so may even get the grass cut for the first time since last September. Or should I say the weeds. it's full of daisies at the moment. (That's a weed not a dog by the waylol)

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back