Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Messymascot's faith in humanity and ginger safe haven

This is exactly what we experienced when my Mum was ill. We had to go through her whole history with a myriad of different doctors nurses and other medical professionals- none of whom seem to talk to each other. Assertive is very good way of putting it!
You are right Anj.
Obviously I'm not suggesting that you should swear or be abusive but you do need to stand your ground and not just accept everything they tell you.
I guess it helps when I slip into " professional language".

Morning all, bright and breezy here this morning after yet more rain last night, even so Anglian Water have sent an email to say that despite heavy rain of recent months we are still in a drought situation. Enjoyed our day at the seaside yesterday, weather was good, mostly sunny if a little on the breezy side. Daughter, SIL and grandkids 3 &4 were due to go to Wells with SIL’s parents but gndparents decided it would be too cold (lightweights lol ) so cried off. Daughter met us in Hunstanton instead, the result being it cost twice as much in rides, ice cream etc. but as it was grandparents paying we got to buy them what they wanted, so daughter couldn’t say too much about me buying them candy floss, I did get a rather disapproving stare though. Off to see my friend soon to chew the fat. Have a good day, all💙
P.S. In case anyone thinks I’m a bit harsh on the other grandparents, I’ll just point out they are nearly ten years younger than me, just no stamina lol

Morning all, bright and breezy here this morning after yet more rain last night, even so Anglian Water have sent an email to say that despite heavy rain of recent months we are still in a drought situation. Enjoyed our day at the seaside yesterday, weather was good, mostly sunny if a little on the breezy side. Daughter, SIL and grandkids 3 &4 were due to go to Wells with SIL’s parents but gndparents decided it would be too cold (lightweights lol ) so cried off. Daughter met us in Hunstanton instead, the result being it cost twice as much in rides, ice cream etc. but as it was grandparents paying we got to buy them what they wanted, so daughter couldn’t say too much about me buying them candy floss, I did get a rather disapproving stare though. Off to see my friend soon to chew the fat. Have a good day, all💙
P.S. In case anyone thinks I’m a bit harsh on the other grandparents, I’ll just point out they are nearly ten years younger than me, just no stamina lol
They don't make them like they used to .

Useless bit of information that Blue will like. Hunstanton was once occupied by Vikings, but given your connections H I'm guessing you already knew that. lol

Weather down here is just as bad as yesterday, with the winds even stronger. Managed to get my shop done before the rains came though. It must be a month since i did a big shop and you can't half notice the prices going up. I'm fortunate enough to be shopping for one, but how young families are coping I have no idea.

Going to batten down the hatches now ready for Aintree over the next 3 days. I think I'm going to have to bite the bullet and sick a few quid in my Skybet account so I can have a bet. Life sucks sometimes. I console myself with the knowledge that I'm betting with their money;)

Good mornig all on this chilly day here in Finland .Just seen the first crane of the year .I hope all slept well and have a fine day .Car wash today ,I was a bit embarassed yesterday when shopping , there was a queue about 100 yards long waiting to wash their cars , ours is black and shows every speck of dust .Nice to hear about @jazzy 's mum ,I agree with @Barnfred 55 there should be more consideration when those situations arise .COYB
Here you go

gettyimages-95491082-612x612.webp

Useless bit of information that Blue will like. Hunstanton was once occupied by Vikings, but given your connections H I'm guessing you already knew that. lol

Weather down here is just as bad as yesterday, with the winds even stronger. Managed to get my shop done before the rains came though. It must be a month since i did a big shop and you can't half notice the prices going up. I'm fortunate enough to be shopping for one, but how young families are coping I have no idea.

Going to batten down the hatches now ready for Aintree over the next 3 days. I think I'm going to have to bite the bullet and sick a few quid in my Skybet account so I can have a bet. Life sucks sometimes. I console myself with the knowledge that I'm betting with their money;)
Our longship was the first one up the beach. lol The Vikings settled large parts of Norfolk, quite a lot of the place names indicate Viking occupation Hemsby, Ormesby etc. Several branches of my Dad’s family are from that part of the world. Yet more snippets from my mine of useless information which I impart to my grandchildren only to see their eyes glaze over. One day they’ll wish they’d listened!

Morning all

Hope everyone is well especially you folks with a lot on and are carrying that bit extra.

Well I’m happy the weather seems to have changed a little for the better today and the forecast seems slightly more positive. It’s off to aintree today for me , so I’m hoping the predicted rain at 2/3 holds off and I can manage a few winners .If I can manage to juggle it I’m hoping to be back there tomorrow as well but let’s see how that plays out .

Morning all

Hope everyone is well especially you folks with a lot on and are carrying that bit extra.

Well I’m happy the weather seems to have changed a little for the better today and the forecast seems slightly more positive. It’s off to aintree today for me , so I’m hoping the predicted rain at 2/3 holds off and I can manage a few winners .If I can manage to juggle it I’m hoping to be back there tomorrow as well but let’s see how that plays out .
Have a great day mate.

If you get any tips make sure to share them eh

Morning all

Best of luck with the weather and more importantly your bets.

Morning all, bright but still a cold wind this morning. Errand of mercy for us today, Mr G. is fitting a toilet seat for my friend as hers has broken. Mending my friend’s toilet was probably not the future he imagined when our eyes met across a crowded football terrace all those years ago. lol lol Have a good day, all💙

I had hoped to catch a glimpse of Air Force One overhead today as Biden travelled from Belfast to Dublin but no joy.

I see the weather also hit plans to use Marine One to travel to Louth (next door to me Geography fans!) but still loads of people out to greet him in Dundalk.

He is here to Friday and I’m sure we’ll give him a great time.
FtdjKhiWIAAdavZ.webp

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back