Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Messymascot's faith in humanity and ginger safe haven

Good evening folks. Hope you have all had a good day. I didn't have a bet today but watched when Mr F got home from work - he recorded the meeting. Constitution Hill is something else. It never looks like it has done anything other than a gentle stroll. Hope you had a good day @Harryflashman.. Well impressed with Jessica's one handed cartwheel @Gwladysover. I never achieved a two handed one! What do you make of Biden's visit so far @Armaghtoffee . That was some slip up - mixing up the All Blacks and the Black and Tans.

I'm already worried about Saturday @jazzy . I was reading an article today that seemed to be saying that if we are relegated there is a £150m loan that has to be to be repaid immediately. It's scary times. I'm now concerned that relegation may be the least of our worries. How did we end up in such a mess. John Moores must be turning in his grave.

I had my interview today. I don't think I'll get the job. One of the things they were interviewing on was how you could demonstrate 'changing and improving' I had prepared some answers about working groups I had been on and some of the equality and diversity initiatives I had taken part in that improved inclusivity in the workplace only to be asked 'can you give an example of when you improved a process by using a spreadsheet?' The answer was a resounding no. I blagged (i.e totally made up) something about when I worked at Land Registry. I thought that was a really niche question and made me think they already have somebody lined up who is a spreadsheet maestro! Anyway should find out next week.
It’s always a coup getting the President on your soil but having said that, it was an opportunity missed for the North investment wise. Still confident it will happen but we need it now.

The rest of his trip shows Ireland in a great light I think. It really is like a holiday for him and if as expected he announces his bid for re-election on Friday then it will be very memorable.

Bit embarrassing for Sunak the whole thing 😀

Good evening folks. Hope you have all had a good day. I didn't have a bet today but watched when Mr F got home from work - he recorded the meeting. Constitution Hill is something else. It never looks like it has done anything other than a gentle stroll. Hope you had a good day @Harryflashman.. Well impressed with Jessica's one handed cartwheel @Gwladysover. I never achieved a two handed one! What do you make of Biden's visit so far @Armaghtoffee . That was some slip up - mixing up the All Blacks and the Black and Tans.

I'm already worried about Saturday @jazzy . I was reading an article today that seemed to be saying that if we are relegated there is a £150m loan that has to be to be repaid immediately. It's scary times. I'm now concerned that relegation may be the least of our worries. How did we end up in such a mess. John Moores must be turning in his grave.

I had my interview today. I don't think I'll get the job. One of the things they were interviewing on was how you could demonstrate 'changing and improving' I had prepared some answers about working groups I had been on and some of the equality and diversity initiatives I had taken part in that improved inclusivity in the workplace only to be asked 'can you give an example of when you improved a process by using a spreadsheet?' The answer was a resounding no. I blagged (i.e totally made up) something about when I worked at Land Registry. I thought that was a really niche question and made me think they already have somebody lined up who is a spreadsheet maestro! Anyway should find out next week.
I think that your interpretation of the reasoning behind the spreadsheet question is correct Anj. As you well know candidates are often lined up for a job / promotion and questions tailored to suit them and aid the window dressing of the whole process.
How funny was the Man U implosion last night? You've got to love an own goal by the hapless Maguire.
Like you the prospect of relegation and everything that that entails for us fills me with dread.

It’s always a coup getting the President on your soil but having said that, it was an opportunity missed for the North investment wise. Still confident it will happen but we need it now.

The rest of his trip shows Ireland in a great light I think. It really is like a holiday for him and if as expected he announces his bid for re-election on Friday then it will be very memorable.

Bit embarrassing for Sunak the whole thing 😀
In what way has this been an embarrassment for Sunak AT? As everyone on here knows I am anything but a Tory apologist.
If anything this whole trip has been embarrassing for Biden and it would appear that he is a less than honest broker in the issue.

In what way has this been an embarrassment for Sunak AT? As everyone on here knows I am anything but a Tory apologist.
If anything this whole trip has been embarrassing for Biden and it would appear that he is a less than honest broker in the issue.
Sunak’s planned meeting with Biden was downgraded to a photo op over coffee for journalists. It was the most awkward moment visually. Sunak had no further involvement at all on the visit which was very notable.

Why do you find the trip embarrassing for Biden jazzy? Not sure what you mean by the honest broker line either mate.

Sunak’s planned meeting with Biden was downgraded to a photo op over coffee for journalists. It was the most awkward moment visually. Sunak had no further involvement at all on the visit which was very notable.

Why do you find the trip embarrassing for Biden jazzy? Not sure what you mean by the honest broker line either mate.
his comments about "all Blacks" and the UK needing to do more.

This is more a holiday for Biden than a Pesidential act of statemanship .

Biden's whole presidency has been poor, he has achieved nothing of note , and I say that as someone who despises Trump and welcomed Biden's victory.

Edit; before I fall foul of @blue1948 policing of the thread perhaps it's best if we don't discuss politics!

Good morning folks. Every time I look out of my window today it reminds of Saturday night in The Cabin! (If you know, you know. If you don't, it was said that if you couldn't pull in The Cabin you never would!) So far I have seen magpies, jackdaws, wood pigeons and another type of pigeon/dove getting jiggy on the fence. I'm going to let the cat out and spoil their fun! 🤣🤣

Joe Biden must be an embarrassment to Americans he really is losing his marbles.As for mixing up the Black and Tans with the All Blacks. My mum told me stories of when she was a kid growing up in Galway she use to have to hide under the bed when the Black and Tans went on drunken rampages through the streets where she lived .Now I may of got this wrong but I am pretty sure she was not talking about the New Zealand rugby team.

Good morning folks. Every time I look out of my window today it reminds of Saturday night in The Cabin! (If you know, you know. If you don't, it was said that if you couldn't pull in The Cabin you never would!) So far I have seen magpies, jackdaws, wood pigeons and another type of pigeon/dove getting jiggy on the fence. I'm going to let the cat out and spoil their fun! 🤣🤣
I don't think I ever copped off in there Anj. Not sure what that says about me 😀

Mind you, it's difficult to pull when your shoes are stuck to the floor. These that know, know. 😀

I don't think I ever copped off in there Anj. Not sure what that says about me 😀

Mind you, it's difficult to pull when your shoes are stuck to the floor. These that know, know. 😀
You must have had a higher bar than most of the punters! Although didn't you say you used to go there with Cal - so you were already spoken for. 😀

Biden's whole presidency has been poor, he has achieved nothing of note , and I say that as someone who despises Trump and welcomed Biden's victory.

Edit; before I fall foul of @blue1948 policing of the thread perhaps it's best if we don't discuss politics!
The ‘Black and Tans’ slip was an easy one really, particularly given that he is more versed in Irish history than international rugby I would say.

He is right that the U.K. needs to do more though. Their Brexit and the handling of it here has left NI in an unstable position with no clear path forward.

Similarly I would say the Southern government needs to do a lot more to prepare the way for constitutional change.

Major positives by him being here is that he and his new Economic Envoy to Ireland will make sure to bring us jobs and prosperity. He really does care for improving our lot and honouring his family home.

Re his Presidency, if he sees off Trump again then he’ll do for me 😀

You must have had a higher bar than most of the punters! Although didn't you say you used to go there with Cal - so you were already spoken for. 😀
Don't you just hate it when people remember what you've posted previously😀

I did venture there once or twice before I met Cal but I think I was too busy perfecting my Status Quo dance. At least your feet didn't need to leave the floor 😀

Or the cynic in me would argue that its the Premier League looking for another nail to hammer into EFCs coffin
If there was more money in gambling sponsorship than airlines and banks then the Sky 6 would be festooned in it. As they are not though, then perfect time to further ensure their cartel can never be challenged. Dressing it up as social conscience is really quite insulting.

Add in VAR ensuring the ‘right’ results and it’s getting harder by the day to consider top level football an open and fair competition.

Not fair @jazzy .

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back