Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Messymascot's faith in humanity and ginger safe haven

So brother number 2 goes off to North Wales with gf for a romantic night away. Girlfriend is very health conscious, doesn't eat any rubbish, ' Come on Ange, let's have fish and chips for lunch before I go'. Brother number 1 flies in from Australia this afternoon ' I've been thinking about fish and chips all the way home. Can we have a chippy tea' No wonder I'm a fat git!

Remember when we just had BBC1, BBC2 and ITV.? For a bit of a change and if the weather was fair you could also tune into HTV.

Imagine that now 😀
Our first telly had a nine inch screen and the aerial only received the BBC. We were the first house down our street to have a TV. My Dad bought it off an American serviceman who was going back to the States. That was back in the mists of time. lol

So brother number 2 goes off to North Wales with gf for a romantic night away. Girlfriend is very health conscious, doesn't eat any rubbish, ' Come on Ange, let's have fish and chips for lunch before I go'. Brother number 1 flies in from Australia this afternoon ' I've been thinking about fish and chips all the way home. Can we have a chippy tea' No wonder I'm a fat git!
Please don't say you're having fish and chips twice 😀

Your post has just brought back a fond memory of Cal. She'd often call up when she's been out shopping (or retail therapy as she liked to call it) and all she would say was "3 or 4?". What she meant was she couldn't be arsed cooking that night, was going to the chippie on the way home, and did I want 3 or 4 sausages to go with my curry and chips 😀

Not sure why she bothered calling tbh. The answer was invariably 4.😀

Just finished my fish and chips without the chips. How times have changed.

Watching Jeff Beck on Sky Arts, just brilliant.
Was going to watch that but put a Genesis live YouTube video on instead.

Good thing about Sky Arts is that it should be available on catch up. Goes back to what we were saying earlier doesn't it H.

Remember when cassette players first came out and we recorded the top 20 off the radio on a Sunday night, making sure the microphone was pointed in the right direction. And your mum would always barge in and say your teas ready . Used to do my head in.😀

Was going to watch that but put a Genesis live YouTube video on instead.

Good thing about Sky Arts is that it should be available on catch up. Goes back to what we were saying earlier doesn't it H.

Remember when cassette players first came out and we recorded the top 20 off the radio on a Sunday night, making sure the microphone was pointed in the right direction. And your mum would always barge in and say your teas ready . Used to do my head in.😀
Or the DJ would start talking before the end of the song.

Please don't say you're having fish and chips twice 😀

Your post has just brought back a fond memory of Cal. She'd often call up when she's been out shopping (or retail therapy as she liked to call it) and all she would say was "3 or 4?". What she meant was she couldn't be arsed cooking that night, was going to the chippie on the way home, and did I want 3 or 4 sausages to go with my curry and chips 😀

Not sure why she bothered calling tbh. The answer was invariably 4.😀

Just finished my fish and chips without the chips. How times have changed.
Aawww. I love this. 3 or 4? And you knew exactly what she meant 💙

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back