Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Messymascot's faith in humanity and ginger safe haven

Evening all. Glad to see you back @Terrarian even if it is after your comedy career went up in flames.

Nice one @anjelikaferrett and @Barnfred 55 I’m now proper craving a chippy! Hopefully the urge will pass by tomorrow; I’ve got Vegas coming up and don’t want to chance @Vegas Toffee Girl glimpsing me in my Speedos after a Fred Special 4-fer from the chip shop…

As for that beloved club of ours? I’ve been semi-resigned to going down for a while but last night cemented it for me. I’ll be sad when it’s confirmed but mercifully I’ve trained myself since having kids to care about the footy less, so not much will change. Well, I might actually start tuning back into the games if we win a few in the Champo! I get the rationale for wanting to keep Dyche around but he’s not for me. He and Burnley fit like a glove; he’s tried to replicate what worked for him there, here, and it’s not really worked. Beyond that I think he’s out of ideas. I’d like to see an up-and-comer (a genuine one, not just someone who was a good footy player so we assume they’ll be a decent manager) given the job of bringing us up. Got no names, mind, as the decent young coaches already in the Championship are either in with a shout of going up in our place or probably too wise to take over at our basket case club!!

Evening all. Glad to see you back @Terrarian even if it is after your comedy career went up in flames.

Nice one @anjelikaferrett and @Barnfred 55 I’m now proper craving a chippy! Hopefully the urge will pass by tomorrow; I’ve got Vegas coming up and don’t want to chance @Vegas Toffee Girl glimpsing me in my Speedos after a Fred Special 4-fer from the chip shop…

As for that beloved club of ours? I’ve been semi-resigned to going down for a while but last night cemented it for me. I’ll be sad when it’s confirmed but mercifully I’ve trained myself since having kids to care about the footy less, so not much will change. Well, I might actually start tuning back into the games if we win a few in the Champo! I get the rationale for wanting to keep Dyche around but he’s not for me. He and Burnley fit like a glove; he’s tried to replicate what worked for him there, here, and it’s not really worked. Beyond that I think he’s out of ideas. I’d like to see an up-and-comer (a genuine one, not just someone who was a good footy player so we assume they’ll be a decent manager) given the job of bringing us up. Got no names, mind, as the decent young coaches already in the Championship are either in with a shout of going up in our place or probably too wise to take over at our basket case club!!
There's a reason I've lost three and a half stone mate. It begins with C and ends in e.

Are you planning to meet up with V in Vegas Brett? That's one fir the archives. Make sure we get a few pics, preferably not in your speedo's. 😀

There's a reason I've lost three and a half stone mate. It begins with C and ends in e.

Are you planning to meet up with V in Vegas Brett? That's one fir the archives. Make sure we get a few pics, preferably not in your speedo's. 😀
I wouldn’t subject her to that, mate. She seems far too nice a person to receive that kind of punishment. Don’t worry, though, this thread will be awash with photos of cocktails and blurry festival photos. I’ll save the Speedo shots for your DMs.

Good morning all on this overcast day here in Finland.I hope all are doing fine and had a good 40 winks .
I can attest that @Barnfred 55 is a new man on his healthier regime having seen the before photos .It is special when you are in tune as @Gwladysover points out .
The previous time I was back in the UK was for my mum's funeral,I had fish and chips , they just coated the back of my mouth with wax but at Fred's place on the river they were fantastic although the Cornish mushy peas left a little to be desired .
The rental tv's were a total rip off and despite my best efforts my parents kept them for years ,I calculated that it had been paid for after one year but they often kept a "set" for five .I think they dealt with a shop called Banners on County road sadly that was the way it was them days everything was on tick .We didn't get one but we used to live two families in one house and my uncle wired speakers into our living room so we could listen to theirs ,that and Radio Luxembourg on Sunday nights .COYB

Good morning everyone, hope we are all in good health.

I spent yesterday afternoon sorting my iptv out, what a bloody palaver. I got a firetv thinking it would make it easier and it did the opposite. Had to do a bit of digging online to see what was wrong. Then when I did find it, it was a tad out of date the instructions. Got there in the end though. I felt lost, only had amazon prime. Too reliant on electronics again.

Have an Everton free day and enjoy your weekend

We have just had breakfast and whilst talking ( yes I know ,don't speak with your mouth full) it came up about wild asparagus .Which I was told we have around here , my wife looked it up and it is rosebay willow herb .https://www.google.com/search?client=firefox-b-d&q=maitohorsmahttps://www.google.com/search?client=firefox-b-d&q=maitohorsma It doesn't mention eating them on this link but the Finns do .Please don't try it unless you are sure .It is only the young ones just as with the real thing .:)

We have just had breakfast and whilst talking ( yes I know ,don't speak with your mouth full) it came up about wild asparagus .Which I was told we have around here , my wife looked it up and it is rosebay willow herb .https://www.google.com/search?client=firefox-b-d&q=maitohorsmahttps://www.google.com/search?client=firefox-b-d&q=maitohorsma It doesn't mention eating them on this link but the Finns do .Please don't try it unless you are sure .It is only the young ones just as with the real thing .:)
Simple pleasures for me- asparagus with poached eggs on top for a summer brunch. Bliss.

Good morning everyone, hope we are all in good health.

I spent yesterday afternoon sorting my iptv out, what a bloody palaver. I got a firetv thinking it would make it easier and it did the opposite. Had to do a bit of digging online to see what was wrong. Then when I did find it, it was a tad out of date the instructions. Got there in the end though. I felt lost, only had amazon prime. Too reliant on electronics again.

Have an Everton free day and enjoy your weekend
Now you are back up and running I recommend Blue Lights to you. You’ll get it on iPlayer.

John Lynch is in it and that is recommendation enough.

Morning everyone,

Woke with a sore throat and feeling generally yuk.

Due to take mum for her Covid booster tomorrow so will cancel that and Mrs J will look after her today.

Fingers crossed that I will be better by the time she goes away on Monday

So looks like a day of sport in front of the telly so not all bad.

My 2nd team Plymouth have to beat Burton at home today to clinch promotion so it looks like Plymouth v Everton will be a league fixture next season. I simply can't believe that. I've seen them play each other twice in the FA cup but never dreamed Argyle could get to the top division and the thought of Everton getting relegated never entered my head. Sad , sad times.

Have a lovely weekend y'all

Morning everyone,

Woke with a sore throat and feeling generally yuk.

Due to take mum for her Covid booster tomorrow so will cancel that and Mrs J will look after her today.

Fingers crossed that I will be better by the time she goes away on Monday

So looks like a day of sport in front of the telly so not all bad.

My 2nd team Plymouth have to beat Burton at home today to clinch promotion so it looks like Plymouth v Everton will be a league fixture next season. I simply can't believe that. I've seen them play each other twice in the FA cup but never dreamed Argyle could get to the top division and the thought of Everton getting relegated never entered my head. Sad , sad times.

Have a lovely weekend y'all
Get better soon @jazzy and I hope the better half has a good holiday .

@anjelikaferrett if Michelle Obama can get on stage then there’s hope for you and me, take your tambourine to Villa Park :)

One of my SEOs where I used to work was a massive fan - I bequeathed her my Bruce pics that adorned my Union Room desk - went to see him in Copenhagen. She had a big sign, it's my 27th wedding anniversary, dance with me. And he did. I've never forgiven her!

Last edited:

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back